Compiling of the New Testament

parsonsmom

Re: Compiling of the New Testament

Post by parsonsmom » Fri May 18, 2012 11:36 am

jriccitelli wrote:Jon wrote; " There is definitely danger in thinking that you are free from deception with your own thoughts about God's word"
True, I will not be able to use the excuse; "God I was led astray by false teachers, it was not my fault". Or "I only believed what my Grandmother taught me". Instead I am guilty of choosing to believe Gods Word. When I first became a believer, I was led to find a printed copy of a Dead Sea scrolls page of Isaiah, at the Library downtown, and find the verse where it says; "The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever" (Isaiah 40:8). I don’t read Hebrew but I could take the letters one by one and compare them with the languages to determine that this verse was, at least to my own satisfaction, persevered. And also evidence that God would divinely keep His Word available to man, and me.

I think I explained earlier that, as Jesus said, those who have ears to hear would believe.
The Words are in common language and right on the page in front of me, why should I have another human 'tell me' what the words mean? The Words themselves teach the 'basic principle' to not trust another mans interpretation (without miracle or authority from God), especially when I can see the words right here in front of me.
I am doing everything scripture asks; Trust His Words, learn them, write them on my heart, search them, study them, examine them, gain understanding, show yourselves approved, do not be led astray, beware of false teachers who come to you in wool coverings, "Take my instruction and not silver, and knowledge rather than choicest gold". These things I find we are to do, and if we do God will guard our hearts, thats all we can do. It is as simple as that 'Trust Him'. I do not find anything that tells me to put my trust in man, in fact scripture (as I pointed out) says over and over not to put 'trust' in anothers interpretation, 'especially' when they themselves are teaching me that 'i must trust in them', rather than hold to the scriptures. Is not the Talmud, and other collections of Rabbinical midrash what Jesus Himself denounced as without authority?

We cannot demand that "our personal thoughts are free from error or diversion" and this is exactly why we cannot trust another man to think for us (in these matters).
But God promises that if you; "Bind them continually on your heart; Tie them around your neck, when you walk about they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; And when you awake, they will talk to you. (Prov.6:21-23)
Therefore the Biblical command is to trust that only Gods Word can keep us from sin and deception. (Is there not 'hundreds' of scriptures, stories and illustrations to this effect?) (And is there not 'hundreds' of examples of what happens when they did 'not' hear, fear and trust in His words and Prophets?)

1 My son, keep my words And treasure my commandments within you.
2 Keep my commandments and live, And my teaching as the apple of your eye.
3 Bind them on your fingers; Write them on the tablet of your heart.
4 Say to wisdom, "You are my sister," And call understanding your intimate friend;
5 That they may keep you from an adulteress, From the foreigner who flatters with her words.
(Prov. 7:1-5)
I have never read a verse, in any translation, that instructs me to tie a Pope, or the Roman Catholic church around my neck.

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Greating Jon; I will not listen to anyone that does not teach the hole written Word; The Church is perishing dailey for the lack of the word
being taught;I believe the Word means what it says; and says what it means. Most churchs don't reckonize the word to be for today; yet all of this writings in the bible are Spirit inspired. Respectfully; Parsonsmom

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,)full of grace and truth.

verbatim

Re: Compiling of the New Testament

Post by verbatim » Fri May 18, 2012 7:56 pm

jriccitelli wrote:
Jon wrote; " There is definitely danger in thinking that you are free from deception with your own thoughts about God's word"
JR wrote:True, I will not be able to use the excuse; "God I was led astray by false teachers, it was not my fault". Or "I only believed what my Grandmother taught me". Instead I am guilty of choosing to believe Gods Word. When I first became a believer, I was led to find a printed copy of a Dead Sea scrolls page of Isaiah, at the Library downtown, and find the verse where it says; "The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever" (Isaiah40:8).
1 Peter 1:23-25 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
[quote]JR wrote: I don’t read Hebrew but I could take the letters one by one and compare them with the languages to determine that this verse was, at least to my own satisfaction, persevered. And also evidence that God would divinely keep His Word available to man, and me.[/quote]
My question is “what is God’s divine Word”? John 17:17
JR wrote:I think I explained earlier that, as Jesus said, those who have ears to hear would believe.
The Words are in common language and right on the page in front of me, why should I have another human 'tell me' what the words mean? The Words themselves teach the 'basic principle' to not trust another mans interpretation (without miracle or authority from God), especially when I can see the words right here in front of me. I am doing everything scripture asks; Trust His Words, learn them, write them on my heart, search them, study them, examine them, gain understanding, show yourselves approved, do not be led astray, beware of false teachers who come to you in wool coverings,
Well, you are doing the right to trust his words but do you know if who are those false teacher?
Romans 16:17-18 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
Jr wrote: "Take my instruction and not silver, and knowledge rather than choicest gold"
Agree, Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.But where does the wisdom come from?
Job 28:20-23 Whence then cometh wisdom? and where is the place of understanding? Seeing it is hid from the eyes of all living, and kept close from the fowls of the air. Destruction and death say, We have heard the fame thereof with our ears. God understandeth the way thereof, and he knoweth the place thereof.
Job 28:28 And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.
.JR wrote: These things I find we are to do, and if we do God will guard our hearts, thats all we can do. It is as simple as that 'Trust Him'. I do not find anything that tells me to put my trust in man, in fact scripture (as I pointed out) says over and over not to put 'trust' in anothers interpretation, 'especially' when they themselves are teaching me that 'i must trust in them', rather than hold to the scriptures. Is not the Talmud, and other collections of Rabbinical midrash what Jesus Himself denounced as without authority?
Correct, Jer 17:5 17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
Joshua1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
JR wrote:We cannot demand that "our personal thoughts are free from error or diversion" and this is exactly why we cannot trust another man to think for us (in these matters).
Proverbs 3:7-9 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:
JR wrote: But God promises that if you; "Bind them continually on your heart; Tie them around your neck, when you walk about they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; And when you awake, they will talk to you. (Prov.6:21-23)
Proverbs 6:22-23 When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee. For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
JR wrote:Therefore the Biblical command is to trust that only Gods Word can keep us from sin and deception. (Is there not 'hundreds' of scriptures, stories and illustrations to this effect?) (And is there not 'hundreds' of examples of what happens when they did 'not' hear, fear and trust in His words and Prophets?)
Who is the God that guide yoy when you sleep and watch over you and talk to you when you wake up?
Deut 5:24 And ye said, Behold, the LORD our God hath showed us his glory and his greatness, and we have heard his voice out of the midst of the fire: we have seen this day that God doth talk with man, and he liveth.
Jesus gave a hints to woman Samaritan if who was HE.
John 4:25-26 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.
JR wrote: 1 My son, keep my words And treasure my commandments within you.
2 Keep my comm.]andments and live, And my teaching as the apple of your eye.
3 Bind them on your fingers; Write them on the tablet of your heart.
4 Say to wisdom, "You are my sister," And call understanding your intimate friend;
5 That they may keep you from an adulteress, From the foreigner who flatters with her words. (Prov. 7:1-5)
I Agree.
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

Return to “General Bible Discussion”