The Name.

parsonsmom

The Name.

Post by parsonsmom » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:46 pm

The Name of Jesus.
Matthew 28: 18-20
18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

More than one greek word is translated "POWER" IN THE NEW IN THE NEW TESTAMENT. W.E Vine's Explository Dictionary of New Testiment Words shows that the Greek word translated power here isA word translated
"Authority".

Jesus said, "ALL AUTHORITY is given to me in heaven and earth".
If we stop reading there we might say, Thank God, Jesus has all the authority in heaven and earth,
all is up to Him to do every thing, because He has it all. But that is not all Jesus said.

Immediately He authorized the Church to go forth in His name.

[Lets talk about this.] IN JESUS MY LORD. Parsonsmom.

Revelations 1:8 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death

Matthew 28: 17And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

GO YE THEREFORE. THEREFORE TO MANY PEOPLE ARE WAITING FOR GOD TO DO OUR
WORK. IT IS THE JOB OF THE BODY OF CHRIST TO GO INTO THE WORLD,
BRINGING THE GOOD NEWS TO THE WORLD. HE IS WITH US IN THE POWER AND AUTHORITY OF HIS NAME,
THIS IS THE SECRET. HIS NAME IS ABOVE EVERY NAME THAT IS NAMED.

(WHAT IS EVERY NAME THAT IS NAMED?)

He is with us in His Power, and in the authority of His name.
First find out what has already been done. find out all the Authority
that is back ofthe Name. know that as God is concerned,and as for as the born again believer is concerned, the rulers of darkness princes of this world are dethroned. JESUS HAS ALREADY DETHRONED THEM, WHEN HE TOOK THE KEYS AWAY FROM satan. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO BE DETHRONED--THEY ARE ALREADY DETHRONED.ALL THE BELIEVERS HAVE
IS TO USE THE AUTHORITY OF THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS. THEY MUST BOW THEIR KNEE TO THAT NAME. THE WORD IS THE WILL OF GOD. DON'T
BE AFRAID TO PRAY THE WORD OF GOD BACK TO HIM. IT IS HIS LAST WILL AND TESTIMENT. IN JESUS MY LORD, Parsonsmom

verbatim

Re: The Name.

Post by verbatim » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:06 pm

Shalom Parsonsmom greetings,
BRINGING THE GOOD NEWS TO THE WORLD. HE IS WITH US IN THE POWER AND AUTHORITY OF HIS NAME,
(WHAT IS EVERY NAME THAT IS NAMED?)]/quote]
Son of God- all the angels are servants of those who shall inherit heaven.
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. (Hebrews 1:3-6)
To the chief Musician upon Gittith, A Psalm of David. O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!( Psalm 8:1-9)
John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
John 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.
Luke 10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him (KJV)
Thanks and God bless.
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

parsonsmom

Post by parsonsmom » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:04 pm

verbatim wrote:Shalom Parsonsmom greetings,
(WHAT IS EVERY NAME THAT IS NAMED?)]/quote]
Son of God- all the angels are servants of those who shall inherit heaven.
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. (Hebrews 1:3-6)
To the chief Musician upon Gittith, A Psalm of David. O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!( Psalm 8:1-9)
John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
John 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.
Luke 10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him (KJV)
Thanks and God bless.
=======================================================================================================

Thank you Brother;
The blessinga of Abramham on you.

As the Father has life in Himself; and is self-existent; so He has given to the Son to have life in Himself; and be self-existent; And He has given Him authority; and granted Him power to execute; exercise; practice; judgment because He is a Son of man;
Don't be surprised and wonder at this; for the time is coming when all those who are in the tombs shall hear His voice; And they shall come out; those who have practiced doing good will come out to the resurrection of new life; and those who have done evil will be raised for judgment; raised to meet their sentence.
I am able to do nothing for Myself; independently; of My own accord--but only as I am taught by God and as I get His orders. Even as I hear; I judge; I decide as I am bidden to decide; As the voice comes to Me; so I give a decision; and My judgment is right; just; righteou, because I do not seek or consult My own will; I have no desire to do what is pleasing to Myself; My own aim; My own purpose; but only the will and pleasure of the Father Who sent Me.
Respectfully; Parsonsmom.

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:40 pm

Shalom parsonsmom greetings,
As the Father has life in Himself; and is self-existent; so He has given to the Son to have life in Himself; and be self-existent; And He has given Him authority; and granted Him power to execute; exercise; practice; judgment because He is a Son of man;
Don't be surprised and wonder at this; for the time is coming when all those who are in the tombs shall hear His voice; And they shall come out; those who have practiced doing good will come out to the resurrection of new life; and those who have done evil will be raised for judgment; raised to meet their sentence.
John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
It is very important that a man hear His voice (Christ) while we are still alive and not yet in grave because Eccleciastes 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
Jesus said John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
John 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
John 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
John 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
John 11;25-26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? (context KJV)

Peace and Grace.
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:14 am

Hi All,
I see other does not believed if a doctrine was taken from Scripture but not being taught according to church doctrine i.e., Exodus 3:13-15 Moses said to God, “If I go to the Israelites and tell them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’– what should I say to them?” God said to Moses, “I am that I am.” And he said, “You must say this to the Israelites, ‘I am has sent me to you.’” God also said to Moses, “You must say this to the Israelites, ‘The Lord – the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob – has sent me to you. This is my name forever, and this is my memorial from generation to generation. (NET Bible)

When Moses ask God if the Israelites ask him if what was God’s name God said, tell them I am that I am; the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—which are title and not a name of God,
If God of Abraham, God of Isaac, and God of Jacob is titles and not name thence what is the name of God given to Moses? Answer is figurative when God said, This is my name forever, and this is my memorial from generation to generation.

Let us see other prophesy in Isaiah 9:6 For a child has been born to us, a son has been given to us. He shoulders responsibility and is called: Extraordinary Strategist, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

These are not names but titles giving tribute to Majesty God.

Isaiah 7:14 For this reason the sovereign master himself will give you a confirming sign. Look, this young woman is about to conceive and will give birth to a son. You, young woman, will name him Immanuel.(parallel to)
Matthew 1:23 “Look! The virgin will conceive and bear a son, and they will call him Emmanuel,” which means “God with us.”

When Mary gives birth to the child Joseph name him Jesus as the angel instructed him.
Matthew 1:21 She will give birth to a son and you will name him 17 Jesus, 18 because he will save his people from their sins.”

After Jesus finishes his works, ministry, sacrifices, crucifixion, death, resurrection and ascension.
Heb 1:3-4 The Son is the radiance of his glory and the representation of his essence, and he sustains all things by his powerful word, and so when he had accomplished cleansing for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.
1:4 Thus he became so far better than the angels as he has inherited a name superior to theirs.

Rev 2:17 The one who has an ear had better hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who conquers, I will give him some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and on that stone will be written a new name that no one can understand except the one who receives it.’

Rev 3:12 The one who conquers I will make 48 a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will never depart from it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God (the new Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven from my God), and my new name as well.(context NET )

Conclusion, what is the name of Jesus Christ he inherited when he sat at the right hand of the Majesty on high Heb 1:4? Which will concur in the name in Rev 2:17 & Rev 3:12? Exodus 3:15? Isaiah 56:5 ?

Return to “General Bible Discussion”