There is no Condemation in Christ;The Annointed one.

parsonsmom

Post by parsonsmom » Sat May 26, 2012 10:41 am

kG; .Romans 8

1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit,
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death,
3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit,
5For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace,
7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be,
8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his,
10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness,
11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 12Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh, 13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live,
14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God,15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together, 18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
=========================================================================================================================

There is now no condemnation, no adjudging guilty of wrong, for those who are in Christ Jesus, who live and walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit, For the law of the Spirit of life, which is in Christ Jesus, the law of our new being, has freed me from the law of sin and of death, For God has done what the Law could not do, its power being weakened by the flesh,the entire nature of man without the Holy Spirit, Sending His own Son in the guise of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, God condemned sin in the flesh,subdued, overcame, deprived it of its power over all who accept that sacrifice, So that the righteous and just requirement of the Law might be fully met in us who live and
move not in the ways of the flesh, but in the ways of the Spirit our lives governed not by the standards and according to the dictates of the flesh, but controlled by the Holy Spirit,
For those who are according to the flesh and are controlled by its unholy desires set their minds on and pursue those things which gratify the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit and are controlled by the desires of the Spirit, set their minds on and seek those things which gratify the Holy Spirit. Now the mind of the flesh, which is sense and reason without the Holy Spirit, is death, death that comprises all the miseries arising from sin, both here and hereafter, But the mind of the Holy Spirit is life and soul peace, both now and forever.
That is because the mind of the flesh, with its carnal thoughts and purposes, is hostile to God, for it does not submit itself to God's Law; indeed it cannot. So then those who are living the life of the flesh, catering to the appetites and impulses of their carnal nature cannot please or satisfy God, or be acceptable to Him, But you are not living the life of the flesh, you are living the life of the Spirit, if the Holy Spirit of God, really dwells within you, directs and controls you. But if anyone does not possess the Holy Spirit of Christ, he is none of His, he does not belong to Christ, is not truly a child of God, But if Christ lives in you, then although your natural body is dead by reason of sin and guilt, the spirit is alive because of the righteousness that He imputes to you, And if the Spirit of Him Who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, then He Who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also restore to life your mortal, short-lived, perishable bodies through His Spirit Who dwells in you. So then, brethren, we are debtors, but not to the flesh, we are not obligated to our carnal nature, to live a life ruled by the standards set up by the dictates of the flesh,For if you live according to the dictates of the flesh, you will surely die. But if through the power of the Holy Spirit you are habitually putting to death, making extinct, deadening the evil deeds prompted by the body, you shall really, and genuinely, live forever.
For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
For the Spirit which you have now received, is not a spirit of slavery to put you once more in bondage to fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption, the Spirit producing sonship, in the bliss of which we cry, Abba, Father!
The Spirit Himself, thus testifies together with our own spirit, assuring us, that we are children of God. And if we are His children, then we are His heirs also: heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ sharing His inheritance with Him; only we must share His suffering if we are to share His glory. But what of that For I consider that the sufferings of this present time, this present life are not worth being compared with the glory that is about to be revealed to us, and in us, and for us, and conferred on us. Respectfully; Parsonsmom.

verbatim

Re: There is no Condemation in Christ;The Annointed one.

Post by verbatim » Sun May 27, 2012 1:27 am

Hi All,
I agree that There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1

But I think one must have acquaintance to God and to Jesus, that he/she believed because Jesus and really acquainted him because he said “many shall call on that day Lord, Lord and I shall tell them I don’t know you.” Matt 25:12
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

There is a difference between intellectual knowledge (i.e., do you know the Gospel) and belief (do you believe the Gospel). I think both are needed to a certain extent. This is what Jesus meant in John 4:23. The former (knowing the gospel) without the latter(believing in the gospel does not result in salvation. The latter without the former is more complicated. Perhaps they are a new believer. Perhaps they believe a false gospel (the woman at the well was a believer, but a believer in falsehood). This is where careful discussion is needed with the person.

Some teaches that someone needs nothing more than one verse to be saved.(John 6:47) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

They don't need to know who Jesus was or what he did, or even His name. They just need to believe in some unnamed guy and they gain eternal life. This is what Paul observed in Athens.
Act 17:22-28 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said; For we are also his offspring.

The phrase “TO THEUNKNOWN GOD” in present pertain to those who believe certainly to God the same with the woman in the well which Jesus said that John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. Yet even the devil believed and they tremble but they could not be saved with faith. James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Job 22:21 Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee.
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

parsonsmom

Re: There is no Condemation in Christ;The Annointed one.

Post by parsonsmom » Sun May 27, 2012 1:52 pm

[quote="verbatim"]Hi All,
I agree that There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1

But I think one must have acquaintance to God and to Jesus, that he/she believed because Jesus and really acquainted him because he said “many shall call on that day Lord, Lord and I shall tell them I don’t know you.” Matt 25:12
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

There is a difference between intellectual knowledge (i.e., do you know the Gospel) and belief (do you believe the Gospel). I think both are needed to a certain extent. This is what Jesus meant in John 4:23. The former (knowing the gospel) without the latter(believing in the gospel does not result in salvation. The latter without the former is more complicated. Perhaps they are a new believer. Perhaps they believe a false gospel (the woman at the well was a believer, but a believer in falsehood). This is where careful discussion is needed with the person.

Some teaches that someone needs nothing more than one verse to be saved.(John 6:47) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

They don't need to know who Jesus was or what he did, or even His name. They just need to believe in some unnamed guy and they gain eternal life. This is what Paul observed in Athens.
Act 17:22-28 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said; For we are also his offspring

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=========================================================================================================================

7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be,
8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his,
10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness,
11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 12Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh, 13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live,
14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God,15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together, 18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. [/b]=========================================================================================================================

Now the mind of the flesh which is sense and reason without the Holy Spirit; is death; death that comprises all the miseries arising from sin; both here and hereafter; But the mind of the Holy Spirit is life; and soul peace; both now and forever;
That is because the mind of the flesh; with its carnal thoughts and purposes is hostile to God; for it does not submit itself to God’s Law; indeed it cannot ; So then those who are living the life of the flesh; catering to the appetites and impulses of their carnal nature cannot please or satisfy God; or be acceptable to Him; But you are not living the life of the flesh, you are living the life of the Spirit; IF; the Holy Spirit of God; really dwells within you; directs and controls you; But if anyone does not possess the Holy Spirit of Christ; he is none of His; he does not belong to Christ; is not truly a child of God; But if Christ lives in you; then although your natural body is dead by reason of sin and guilt; the spirit is alive because of the righteousness that He imputes to you.And if the Spirit of Him Who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you; then; He Who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also restore to life your mortal short-lived perishable bodies through His Spirit Who dwells in you. Respectfully; Parsonsmom.

Return to “General Bible Discussion”