I have a question about observing God’s commands in light of

JacobMartinMertens

I have a question about observing God’s commands in light of

Post by JacobMartinMertens » Tue May 10, 2016 5:08 pm

I have a question about observing God’s commands in light of New Testament scriptures.

In regard to observing commands found in the Old Testament scriptures pertaining to the New Testament scriptures, as New Testament believers are we to stop at observing, of the old covenant commands or Old Testament scriptures, only those commands that are found, reiterated, or repeated in the New Testament scriptures? Should we observe all those that are?

From on the Narrow Path today in the afternoon.

http://www.thenarrowpath.com/archive/TNP160510H.mp3
John 1:41, 49 NASB - 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

jaydam

Re: I have a question about observing God’s commands in ligh

Post by jaydam » Tue May 10, 2016 6:01 pm

Jacob, let me pose a question to you.

Your Facebook says that you are "Jewish and Christian by choice." What makes you Jewish on top of being a Christian?

JacobMartinMertens

Post by JacobMartinMertens » Tue May 10, 2016 6:05 pm

jaydam wrote:Jacob, let me pose a question to you.

Your Facebook says that you are "Jewish and Christian by choice." What makes you Jewish on top of being a Christian?
I observe things found in God's Law, which relates to the old covenant and hopefully the rest of the Old Testament, being a new covenant believer and still a Christian. I am circumcised and observe Passover and the others feasts of Torah, for example.
John 1:41, 49 NASB - 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Tue May 10, 2016 7:22 pm

JacobMartinMertens wrote:I have a question about observing God’s commands in light of New Testament scriptures.

In regard to observing commands found in the Old Testament scriptures pertaining to the New Testament scriptures, as New Testament believers are we to stop at observing, of the old covenant commands or Old Testament scriptures, only those commands that are found, reiterated, or repeated in the New Testament scriptures? Should we observe all those that are?

From on the Narrow Path today in the afternoon.

http://www.thenarrowpath.com/archive/TNP160510H.mp3
We can observe them as an expression of our love for God that he killed and resurrected us in Christ.

But we cannot observe them to attain righteousness nor say they are necessary to observe for other believers (Rom 11 & 14).

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Tue May 10, 2016 10:11 pm

Heh, Steve's patience was commendable. I still fail in that. :oops:

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Tue May 10, 2016 11:06 pm

Before I listen.

Did you call in Jacob?
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

JacobMartinMertens

Post by JacobMartinMertens » Tue May 10, 2016 11:07 pm

morbo3000 wrote:Before I listen.

Did you call in Jacob?
Yes. I did call.

Return to “General Bible Discussion”