MOTHER'S TRANSLATION OF THE BIBLE

Paidion

MOTHER'S TRANSLATION OF THE BIBLE

Post by Paidion » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:38 pm

Mother’s Translation of the Bible

There is a story about four clergymen who were discussing the merits of the various translations of the Bible. One liked the King James Version best because of its beautiful English. Another liked the American Revised Version best because it is more literal and comes nearer to the original Hebrew and Greek. Still another liked Mofatt’s translation best because of its up-to-date vocabulary.

The fourth minister was silent. When asked to express his opinion, he replied, “I like my mother’s translation best.”

The other three expressed surprise. They did not know his mother had translated the Bible.

“Yes, she did,” he replied. “She translated it into life, and it was the most convincing translation I ever saw.”
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

TK

Re: MOTHER'S TRANSLATION OF THE BIBLE

Post by TK » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:55 pm

excellent, Paidion. Thank the good Lord I can say that about my mother, and I certainly pray that my kids will say the same about me.

TK

paulespino

Re: MOTHER'S TRANSLATION OF THE BIBLE

Post by paulespino » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:46 pm

paidion
The other three expressed surprise. They did not know his mother had translated the Bible.
“Yes, she did,” he replied. “She translated it into life, and it was the most convincing translation I ever saw.”
that's a good one. :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “General Bible Discussion”