Should Christians be a warped view of Angry Prophets?

Right & Wrong
remade

Should Christians be a warped view of Angry Prophets?

Post by remade » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:59 pm

I was wondering what people's takes are on the classic angry, fundamentalist-type Christian who spout off hellfire and brimstone to every sinful cat stuck up a tree? Even to a lesser degree, are the Christians who hold signs for political causes cultivating a productive usage of time? In other words, are we Christians to merely warn EACH OTHER of worldly intrusions (and not unbelievers), or are the Cultural Christian ideas of lobbying in government for Christian ethics Biblical? Are we instructed in the Bible to intrude our worldly culture believing that we can make changes that way, or are we to be producers of another culture altogether?

Does this make sense?

(The alternative also might be confronting unbelievers about worldly / sinful / immoral behavior AFTER they become believers.)
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
- II CORINTHIANS 5:21 ESV

Paidion

Re: Should Christians be a warped view of Angry Prophets?

Post by Paidion » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:00 pm

Jesus' instructions to His disciples:

You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet. You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 5:13-16 ESV)

To be a light to the world, a witness to the joyful, righteous life, that every dedicated disciple lives, it may be necessary to sometimes show our opposition to sinful, worldly practices which bring harm to countless people. Such witness can have its effect in slowing or even changing such practices. It is not necessary to be rude about it.

I, myself, took part in a peaceful pro-life protest, by walking around a hospital carrying pro-life signs—a hospital in which abortions were performed. No one participating in the protest, expressed hate or anger. This protest may not have changed anything, but it was a witness to the fact that many people oppose the killing of human beings prior to their birth.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “Ethics”