darinhouston

Re: Christians and the Covid Vaccine

Post by darinhouston » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:19 pm

Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homer

Post by Homer » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:39 am

Very interesting and informative article; validates points made by both sides of the argument:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... d=msedgntp

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:06 pm

Welllll.... I could use all your prayers. My employer has now instituted a vaccine mandate. It's been a while coming, but it's now here and the way it's being handled has been pretty oppressive and (to my mind) irrational. They are considering religious and medical exemptions (as the law requires) but it's not at all clear that they'll be granting them all or what "interrogation" will be involved. Even if it's granted, it sounds like they are working towards what seems to me to be a very discriminatory testing requirement to require weekly testing paid out of your paycheck but ONLY for the unvaccinated who get exemptions. So, only the exempt are being subject to testing (and not the vaccinated who are by ALL science now clearly at greater risk of spread) and without regard to whether you have had Covid or not. If this is how it's going to be done, it seems clearly discriminatory and punitive and designed merely to compel more vaccination and not because of any legitimate balanced health risk. I've informed them of my views in that regard. I've suggested the only fair way to administer testing is to test everyone (since all but the previously infected are high potential spreaders) or to limit testing for everyone to symptomatic individuals or those with recent contact, etc.

So, pray that I manage those interactions well and get them to honor my exemption first of all, and then (if they do) that they see reason and avoid discriminatory and invasive unnecessary weekly testing for people like me who have strong and durable immunity from recovering from prior infection.

Even making the request could be a career limiter based on the attitude they've shown to those who object (troublemaker and not a "team player" and all), but at this point I'm just trying to keep my job. Deadline for vaccinating or getting approved exemptions and accommodations is January 4th for first jab and February 4th for second jab.

Homer

Post by Homer » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:28 am

Hi Darin,

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this and pray everything works out.

Be Blessed, Homer

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:37 am

Darin,
Praying for you. You know the Senate voted to stop Biden's mandate for private companies (52-48). Of course Biden says he will veto it. But we are praying that these evils will be stopped.

Dwight

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:40 am

Darin,
You probably already know this but, make them fire you - don't quit. Obviously you have to be led by the Lord.

Dwight

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:43 am

dwight92070 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:37 am
Darin,
Praying for you. You know the Senate voted to stop Biden's mandate for private companies (52-48). Of course Biden says he will veto it. But we are praying that these evils will be stopped.

Dwight
Thank you both. Unfortunately, that Senate vote was a fig leaf. They knew it would never pass the House or the veto, so it was easy to do. Let's see what "courage" they have if they regain control in a couple of years.

Yes, this is a time for great prayer during a time of great spiritual deception. I think my biggest fear of my religious accommodation request is if they probe too much I will be anathema among my executive ranks. It's one thing for them to hold me in some contempt for my beliefs around aborted fetal tissue we've discussed here. But, if they knew the role I felt they and companies like my employer often played (like now) in a larger spiritual battle and the extent to which I felt they were carrying water for Satan in this grand deception... well, my career would be over (or at least unbearable) at that point even if they were "afraid" to fire me. Though discrimination is illegal, executives often feel they are above such things (except when it aligns with their own views) and this type of "contemptuous discrimination" is as impossible to avoid as it is difficult to prove. My General Counsel (basically my boss) is an African American woman -- you would THINK she would understand such things... but, when the shoe is on the other foot....

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:45 am

dwight92070 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:40 am
Darin,
You probably already know this but, make them fire you - don't quit. Obviously you have to be led by the Lord.

Dwight
Thanks - that's something I VERY MUCH intend to do. (unless led otherwise, of course). I do hear the lord saying "do what's right, be respectful, hang in there for the other side." Something good will come. Whether for me or for others (or for the sake of His name).

Otherness

Post by Otherness » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:11 pm

Hi Brother Darin,

Though your General Counsel “can't see the forest for the trees” it certainly is clear that the Counselor (John 14:26-27) has your ear in this. That's what really matters from God's perspective as He perfects His creation of you in Christ Jesus.. My wife has also chosen this (unpopular) path in her work as an RN, and the resistance from management and her co-workers has quieted down (at this present time). My prayers for you are for the same.

Love in Jesus.

Homer

Post by Homer » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:50 pm

Return to “Ethics”