The New PC Religion of Social Justice

Jepne

The New PC Religion of Social Justice

Post by Jepne » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:41 am

I found what this man had to say to be so refreshing - I wanted to share it with you, but more, I wanted to hear what some of you might have to say about it. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI0lG4PEMkw

I'm so glad you asked, crgfst1 - thank you!!
Last edited by Jepne on Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

crgfstr1

Re: The New Religion of Political Correctness

Post by crgfstr1 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:53 pm

Is there a link or something I am missing?

Jepne

Re: The New PC Religion of Social Justice

Post by Jepne » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:54 am

Here again - I'm so glad you asked crgfstr1!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI0lG4PEMkw
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

crgfstr1

Post by crgfstr1 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:04 am

It sounds like he has thought long and hard about the growing victim mentality in our society. It probably has been increasing for awhile and now just becoming more obvious. He link to children never being without adult supervision is an interesting one and he is probably right that has something to do with it. Another link may also be that although the parents are there physically they are often checked out mentally. It is very easy to be next to some one and not with them these days.

We were at a park recently and two boys (I assume they were brothers) were picking up bark and throwing them at each other while on a swing. With no parents around we had to tell them to stop because we were on the swing next my wife and child were sitting on the swing next to them. One of them proceeded to kick a bunch of it at his brother and some of the bark landed on my wife and 4 month old. I asked where the parents were and they became quiet because their parents were on the other side of the park and had no idea what these two were up to. We told them if they did it again we would find their parents and speak to them. It was clear though that they were only concerned that we would actually do this and they would get in trouble. They had no concept though that they had done anything wrong. It was basically like they were victims because we were telling them they couldn't kick up bark and throw it at each other.

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:00 pm

Interesting. A school teacher called into a program saying that she had noticed the children in her new class that fall had seemed peculiarly disconnected. With some research, she connected it with mothers who were were more engaged with their iphones than their children.
'Distracted parenting'.

Return to “Worldview”