Things to be thankful for...

charleswest

Things to be thankful for...

Post by charleswest » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Years ago, the wife of one of the elders at the small home Church I attended had a book. It had a title that was something like "1001 Things to Thank God For". And each service she would read a little from it, bringing encouragement to the congregation.

So, perhaps we in this forum on this thread might be willing to share once in a while things we are thankful/grateful for to God our Savior Jesus Christ.

Please allow me to defer the first entry to another...

P.S. It may be wise to limit each entry to no more than three things at a time.
“I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views... ” Abraham Lincoln. Excerpt from a letter to Horace Greeley. 22 August 1862
= = = =
Be Blessed. We Are Loved...
cw

nancyer

Re: Things to be thankful for...

Post by nancyer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:21 pm

This is one of my favorite topics. I use this "exercise" on my drive into work each morning. Aside from the obvious of being thankful that my kids are healthy, I thank the Lord for the beautiful desert view on my drive each day and, so far, the eyes to see it with. I'm also extremely grateful for the church I found 2 1/2 years ago. The people there are amazing, compassionate, sincere, and love the Lord. Can I also say that I say thank you, out loud, every time I hear a favorite song on the radio. I really love music of all genres and it gives me great joy to hear a real favorite.

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:15 am

Father in Heaven. Thank You for...

Your Son,

My Wife,

Your people...
“I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views... ” Abraham Lincoln. Excerpt from a letter to Horace Greeley. 22 August 1862
= = = =
cw

nancyer

Post by nancyer » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:50 pm

My daughter is grateful for the clothes she wears and the food in our refrigerator. My husband is grateful for his job.
More to come....

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:35 am

Thank you for,

1. Keeping me in Your Son and out of your Wrath.

2. Hope for a better day...

3. Pizza and beverage
= = = =
cw

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:16 am

A friend posted a note on facebook the other day -- what if all you woke up with today was that which you thanked God for yesterday?

nancyer

Post by nancyer » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:13 pm

Makes you go hmmmm....my family would be healthy, I'd have gas in my car, the friendships I solidified this weekend, and music. Probably more, can't recall it all right now. Great way to think about it....

Return to “Fellowship & Worship”