One of my profs, Dr. Gary McGee died + Other Request

RickC

One of my profs, Dr. Gary McGee died + Other Request

Post by RickC » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:20 pm

Last evening I went by the AGTS site, were I saw: Gary McGee with the Lord (d. Dec. 10th).

I sent this to the McGee Family via a window provided by AGTS:
I'm so sorry for your loss. I had Gary as a prof at CBC in the late 70s. He was very thorough, paying attention to details, "serious," but really funny sometimes! I'm from Ohio too and when I found out Gary was a Browns fan also...well, we believers must root for the underdogs! Gary was an excellent professor, as good as they come, a great man of God, someone to emulate. Prayers from Sidney, Ohio for family and friends. Deepest sympathies to you all. Sincerely in the blessed Lord Jesus, God be with you.
I also posted on a guy named Brian's blog:
sunestauromai: the crucified life.

"Brother McGee" (as we called our profs Bro & Sis back then ) appeared on PBS's Religion & Ethics Newsweekly in 2006. I didn't expect this and went, "Wow! It's Brother McGee!" The story was "Pentecostal 100th Anniversary" and can be read and/or watched here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some of you may remember the old forum's "Traveler," who's real name was Bob.
His father passed away unexpectedly last Dec. 10th. I've kept in touch with Bob.
He's doing pretty well overall but could use prayer, as he is still working on the estate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dad died on Dec. 10, 2002. I'm doing fine but we miss him.
Dec. 10th is a day I'll always remember...to remember those who have gone on.

If you feel led to pray for the McGee Family, Bob, or my people: Thanks :)

Return to “Prayer, Praise & Testimonies”