prayer: are we ever asked to not pray?

morgan

prayer: are we ever asked to not pray?

Post by morgan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:48 pm

i have been praying or a friend for 20 years, a Seventh Day Adventist that is self admittedly some one who has to remind herself "that i am not God". as of late i have seen God take away a business she has abused for decades (stealing from clients) and her responses to me have been mocking and not once taking any responsibility for her sin. a few weeks ago i felt a 'dis-connect' from her (communication ceased) and of late i feel the Holy Spirit requesting that i not pray for her anymore. i can only find two examples in the Bible of not praying for some one. Jer 7: 16, and the time Paul let two of the disciples "be handed over to satan". for the life of me i can't even sneak in her name in my prayers, but i don't want to be decieved. i covet your prayers, and a written answer!

TK

Re: prayer: are we ever asked to not pray?

Post by TK » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:07 pm

paul mentions handing someone over to satan on two separate occasions- once in 1 Cor and also in 1 timothy. in neither case does he state that prayers for them should cease.

i think that sometimes disfellowship may be the answer until repentance occurs. I am not sure about not praying, however.

You indicated that you felt the HS saying you should stop praying for this person; but of course only you can interpret what you sensed. i think this would be a surprising request by the HS, although not necessarily impossible.

TK

morgan

Re: prayer: are we ever asked to not pray?

Post by morgan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:26 pm

Thank You TK...I felt it unusual too, and will wrestle with God regarding this until...the end. I do not want to be deceived.

Return to “Prayer, Praise & Testimonies”