My testimony

_Derek

Post by _Derek » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:11 pm

MLH wrote:wonderful testimony Paidion.

Please pray for my son J who is 25 and in need of salvation.

thank you
Stay strong sister!! I was 25 when the Lord saved me. And trust me, if I can be saved, anyone can.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
Derek

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
Psalm 20:7

_MLH

Post by _MLH » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:57 pm

Ok Derek please pray for J too.

Yes, I can say that about myself too.

Perhaps I may have been to strict with him...(J)
Easy for a parent to blame themself.
Reason:

_roblaine

Post by _roblaine » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:16 pm

Paidion And Derek, thank you for sharing your stories they were a blessing to read.

MLH I will pray for J. Being from a large family and the youngest of six children, I am the only that has chosen to fallow christ (to my knowladge), and my father is Mormon so I understand the fear you have for your son.

Robin
Reason:
God Bless

_Christopher

Post by _Christopher » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:49 pm

I was blessed as well.

And it's good to finally know you're name....Don.

Lord bless.
Reason:
"If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:31-32

_STEVE7150

Post by _STEVE7150 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:44 pm

Thanks for your testimonies Derek and Paidion. I see the letters don are in Paidion, is that a coincidence?
Reason:

_Paidion

Post by _Paidion » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:22 pm

I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out, Steve.

Totally unrelated to my choice of "Paidion."
Last edited by _PTL on Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason:
Paidion
"Not one soul will ever be redeemed from hell but by being saved from his sins, from the evil in him." --- George MacDonald

_STEVE7150

Post by _STEVE7150 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:22 pm

My testimony isn't as colorful as Derek's or as interesting as Paidion's but it's all i got. I was born into a jewish family and like all my friends learned enough hebrew to get bar mitzvahed and basically never attend temple again. There was no reason because i never learned a thing about knowing God and i really disliked the rituals in Judaism. I had no spiritual life at all and i did'nt think about God much except i did know that God created everything. I never was agnostic or atheistic , i just knew by the complexity of everthing that it was designed by someone. My older daughter got bat mitzvahed 11 years ago and during this process my wife and myself started attending our reform judaism temple. A few years later our younger daughter started studying for her bat mitzvah and my wife and I started attending Torah study. I found it interesting and i took the bible (Tanach) seriously but i was surprised that nobody else did including the Rabbi. Anyway my wife then bought a 4lb white poodle named Maddie that she and my daughter had to have yet i was appointed to walk her. So i always walked Maddie at night and for some reason i started looking up at the stars a lot and talking out loud to God usually asking ,why are we here. If Maddie knew she was'nt talking. About 4 months later my wife's friend who is a doctor found out we were thinking about medicating our daughter to help her focus better. She asked us not to and raced up from NYC to speak to us. She sat us down and convinced us not to medicate our daughter but then almost without pause she started telling us about Adam and Eve and sin and Satan and God and the problem of sin and the solution for sin. When she finished my wife said "but what does that have to do with Cali" (our daughter). You know sometimes you hear something and it immediately clicks and it did for me. So i asked Samantha if she could get me a bible and she later told me she knew at that moment i believed. Samantha at that time was a plastic surgeon and could have made as much money as she wanted but she was unlike any doctor i had ever seen. She treated every patient as if he/she was her family member. She gave me Michael Brown's "Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus" and Stan Telchin's "Betrayed" to read which i devoured and since she is a devoted "Word of Faith" follower i grew up on Kenneth Hagin and Copeland. It was exciting to feel you had that kind of power in your speech and actions and i did'nt know from anything else. Anyway eventually i found evangelicals to listen to on the radio and i tried to take what i thought were the biblical elements from different teachings. I became an avid listener to Hank Hannegraff and first heard Steve G on that show. Anyway i've evolved and grown by being blessed to have access to great teachers such as Steve and subsequently my mother in law and my younger daughter became believers and i believe one day my whole family will also because the truth will always win out in the end.
Reason:

_TK

Post by _TK » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:25 pm

that's excellent, steve!

i really like michael brown-- i have seen him (online) debate this really popular rabbi (i cant remember his name) and it is always entertaining and informative. i've listed to every michael brown sermon i can get my hands on either through his website or the fire on the altar website. he always has something challenging to say.

we will pray for your family. thanks for sharing your story!

TK
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_MLH

Post by _MLH » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:56 pm

Another miracle!

thanks for sharing Steve 7150
Reason:

_roblaine

Post by _roblaine » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:42 am

Wonderful testimony Steve 7150. Thank you.
Reason:
God Bless

Return to “Prayer, Praise & Testimonies”