The Great Debate: Is Jesus God?

Paidion

Re: The Great Debate: Is Jesus God?

Post by Paidion » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:15 pm

Nope. You haven't answered my question. I still await either "yes" or "no".
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

jesusrules777

Post by jesusrules777 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:51 am

Wow, Paidion, you're killing me. LOL

I've communicated what I believe about the Godhead in the words which come to my mind. If you are wanting me to use the word "individual", it just doesn't seem to fit what I believe. How about calling the Godhead the "Supreme Soul of the universe" instead of an individual?

Some people object to saying that there are three persons in One Being, however, that seems to make the most sense to me. So, do I believe the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are One, yes I believe that! Jesus could have acted apart from God, but He chose to obey. The Bible tells us that the Spirit always points us to the Father.

Sometimes God just wants our TRUST instead of our questions and when we study how Jesus communicated, he didn't always answer questions he was given and He would often answer a question with another question. He also refused to answer questions when He knew the impure motive of the people who were asking them. Trying to force a person to answer a question with a "yes or no", or any other words WE choose, isn't allowing them the freedom to communicate with the words they understand.

The religious folks became extremely angry when Jesus stood His ground and wouldn't allow them to trap Him in the words He chose to use. Does Jesus advise us to force anyone to answer anything? Or are we called to communicate in love and TRUST God when we don't get answers? Or even think for ourselves? When people go for counseling, the counselor doesn't help them by answering their questions, she/he helps them by saying, "what do you think," so they learn to look within and find their own answers. Often times I ask the Lord to show me and tell me what I want to know and He is silent. It is frustrating, however, I can't control the Lord nor should I try to control any person that God is using to communicate with me.

I believe we just need to TRUST the Lord with many of the answers that He doesn't spell out for us in Scripture. We all use different words to communicate and the Holy Spirit ministers to each of our hearts in a personal manner. So if you see God as either an individual or not an individual, I don't see it as that black and white. I'm sad that you and I can't seem to get on the same page because of a certain word you feel that I should either see as "yes or no", in terms of describing God.

God Bless!

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:48 pm

You're getting closer! I don't ask you to use the word "individual". I'll try rewording the question again, hoping that you'll be more comfortable with a "yes" or "no" answer.
Is "the Godhead" comprised of one consciousness only?
As for Jesus, He often did not answer the Pharisees' questions because they were trying to trap Him. I am not trying to trap you; I am trying to find out what you believe about the Deity (or "Godhead" if you will).

So as Jesus said, "Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil." (Mt 5:37)
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

jesusrules777

Post by jesusrules777 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:56 pm

Paidion

With regard to Mt. 5:37 when I do give a yes or no, I stand by it which is the reason I hesitate when we are discussing issues which are higher than our ways. Can our finite mind fully comprehend God? I don't think so.

I love discussing issues which bring us closer to the Truth which sets us free and yet there are just some questions we can't answer for sure.

In terms of one consciousness, for God I don't see that word in Scripture when describing Him, do you? I'll be praying about your question, and see what answer the Lord gives me, if any.

Now, you've got me seeking Him..........

Return to “The Trinity”