The Spirit of the Lord

Suzana

Re: The Spirit of the Lord

Post by Suzana » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:29 am

dean198 wrote:
That's interesting that you are able to still be a part of that. Do the members know that you don't hold that teaching?.... So I don't think I'm going to find a non-trin church that I'll be comfortable with. But since most trin churches demand belief in their views, I think my membership options are going to be very limited from now on. I also have to decide when and how to tell my pastor.
I don't think it has ever come up for discussion - it's not that I'm particularly trying to hide my viewpoint; I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be an issue where I am now anyway - I also believe in Jesus' full deity. (I deliberately don't dwell on the topic because of my father's influence - he is very very strongly anti-trinitarian, but in my opinion allows the whole issue to pre-occupy him too much, and so I'm a bit wary [and weary] of it).
Our church is independent, with a non-institutional format. We don't have formal membership - just regular attendees (mostly spirit-filled in the traditional understanding); the main requirement (unofficially) is that we are serious about following Jesus fully.

Hopefully it won't be a big issue for your pastor - and don't forget, even if you attend but aren't a formally signed-up member at a particular local church, you'll still belong to the real church body that God sees.
Suzana

Return to “The Trinity”