Upcoming Debate: Evolution vs Creation

jriccitelli

Re: Upcoming Debate: Evolution vs Creation

Post by jriccitelli » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:07 am

What synteny is, or what pseudogenes are...
Both these words are newly formed, or still forming, and have no history.
There is nothing really impressive at all about either concept: similarity, dis-similarity, adaptation, mutations, phoney, inversion, translocation, mapping, scrambled eggs, etc. you notice most every human looks different, yet we are all the same, where does all the different-ness come from? Evolution? No, the codes can shift enough all within their sequence in order to purposefully create variety and adaptation, by design. Nothing permits this to be the sole property of chance.
It is astonishing to think that you are criticizing someone over word definitions when logic, planning, purpose, complexity and design have two distinctly direct opposite meanings within Darwinists circles.

jonperry

Re: Upcoming Debate: Evolution vs Creation

Post by jonperry » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:17 pm

TrumanSmith wrote:I will try to attend in person too.
I appreciate the support.

There is a huge misunderstanding in our culture about the theory of evolution. This misunderstanding is perpetuated by the battle between atheists and Bible literalists who have polarized an issue which I feel is far too complex to be painted in just black and white.

I'm using this debate as a platform to calmly and clearly explain what science is, what a theory is, why creationism is not a scientific theory, and exactly what we do and do not know about evolution. I've had contact with some of our top researchers in biology who have gracefully shared their data and high resolution photographs of specimens which I will be displaying and discussing. I'm bringing several fossils and skulls from my own collection to display as well.

I'm not sure what to expect of Steve but If I keep my side of the conversation respectful and honest, I trust he will do the same.

I'm tired of the name calling and overstated conclusions so common in debates on this topic. I hope to set a clearer calmer tone for this discussion. If fallacies are spoken I'll gladly call them out.

Return to “Creation/Evolution”