Video of Evolution Debate: Steve Gregg and Jon Perry

seer

Re: Video of Evolution Debate: Steve Gregg and Jon Perry

Post by seer » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:57 am

jriccitelli wrote:Seer, I think Gods Word tells us to seek truth, and be wise of craftiness. We do not want to attribute lies to God, and truth to be coming from the Serpent. In all our learning we are told to get understanding, I do not think Solomon was speaking only of bible knowledge but to seek wisdom in all our thinking. Then you will end up at Jesus.
Yet we know the "whole world lies in wickedness." The Devil is a deceiver, and is allowed to deceive. "that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false..."

Now I'm not saying that this is necessarily the case with our present understanding of the evolutionary process, I too have problems with Young Earth Creationism, but I do believe that such a massive deception is possible.
Thanks to the human heart by which we live, thanks to its tenderness, its joys, and fears, To me the meanest flower that blows can give thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears. Wordsworth

robbyyoung

Post by robbyyoung » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:30 am

Gentlemen,

God spoke into existence what we now study and marvel at. A young creation is and can be that simple to understand. Age was inherent in creation when brought into existence. God gives us this revelation when he created Adam and Eve as full grown adults.

God purposely gives us a riddle in creation that can never be solved using creation! Matter is eternal, there is no last piece to say, "I found the answer!" Without faith in what God says is the truth, we end up with wild speculations and massive confusion drawing us further away from God and the truth. I tried to engage Jon on these issues, but he hasn't responded thus far ;)

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:04 pm

Age was inherent in creation when brought into existence. God gives us this revelation when he created Adam and Eve as full grown adults.

God purposely gives us a riddle in creation that can never be solved using creation! Matter is eternal,

If YEC is true then your explanation is probably accurate. You said matter is eternal? I thought matter ages and fades away & only the things invisible are eternal.

robbyyoung

Post by robbyyoung » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:00 pm

steve7150 wrote:If YEC is true then your explanation is probably accurate. You said matter is eternal? I thought matter ages and fades away & only the things invisible are eternal.
Ahh... but you see my dear friend the impossibility of the theory? There is no last piece. This is why God says in Romans what we can't see, gives us no excuse not to believe in his eternal power by what is clearly seen. Colossians states the obvious of things visible and invisible.

Steve, this is why the pursuit of knowledge, in regards to science, is and will forever be an open book of endless discovery and complexity. God left His eternal signature and doesn't that make perfect sense :D

Wild speculations and endless theories for the unbeliever. Their faith leads them into a vicious and cruel self deception. Sincere as the prophets of Baal but nevertheless DEAD WRONG!

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Steve, this is why the pursuit of knowledge, in regards to science, is and will forever be an open book of endless discovery and complexity. God left His eternal signature and doesn't that make perfect sense :D

Amen brother! :idea:

jonperry

Post by jonperry » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:52 pm

Here's a fun cartoon for you all: https://medium.com/the-nib/c3c4da2ca495

robbyyoung

Post by robbyyoung » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:48 am

jonperry wrote:Here's a fun cartoon for you all...
Oh Jon,

Misrepresentations are futile when stumped by your own paradigm.

I don't deny your evidence, I deny your theories. I, as a christian, champion scientific discoveries and support all work in the field regarding eternal knowledge still untapped. But the reality is, The Scientist is a Jonny come lately! The scientist can only observe and study the effects of the genesis. Only a fool would deny what is clearly known, observable.

So again Jon, let me ask you: How do you account for an "eternal signature" in which you can clearly observe and yet deny that age is an inherent property of its existence?

I attribute this eternal signature that we all marvel over as God. I deny nothing, rather, embrace and humbly accept the evidence as we know it. I ask that you do the same. For there is no good reason for you to deny God and His eternal power, which you currently study, without you first, purposefully, hardening your heart to worship the creature rather than the creator.

I believe greater discoveries await us once scientist begin to study and analyze the material world as eternal, yet with a beginning, with age already present. I'm not smart enough or gifted to know how this could change things but, I'm expectant, eagerly awaiting more discoveries with a deeper appreciation of the power behind it.

jonperry

Post by jonperry » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:27 pm

TheEditor wrote:PS. Are you really blessed with Dick Clark's genes, or was this photo taken when you were in Junior High? :P
I took that photo 4 months ago to be used on the flyer for my debate with Steve. That's what I look like :) The down side is that I get carded at movies. The plus side is... everything else.

Return to “Creation/Evolution”