Hosea 13:16

_SoaringEagle

Hosea 13:16

Post by _SoaringEagle » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:41 pm

Hosea 13:16 "They shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up."

This is a passage which causes people the question of the Character of God. What could we make of this passage, and what can we learn?
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_TK

Post by _TK » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:19 pm

Hey SE...

some people are more upset by the command to hamstring the horses...

but back to your question... it seems that God is simply stating what will happen to the "people of samaria" when they are judged. i dont think God is "behind" these actions. the marauders are.

for example, if there was a prophecy about the holocaust, it might say something like "your children shall be ripped from your arms and tossed on a sword" or "your old men shall be burned in a furnace of fire." this is a prediction of what will occur, but doesnt mean God was carrying it out. evil men carried it out.

of course i could be dead wrong.

TK
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_Steve

Post by _Steve » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:31 am

I don't think you are wrong, TK. God brings the judgment only in that He delivers the people to the invaders. The invaders act out their own evil intentions. Because Samaria is under God's judgment, He does not protect them from the pagan hostilities.
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

Return to “Christian Evidences & Challenges”