How does one Purify your heart

__id_988

How does one Purify your heart

Post by __id_988 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:15 pm

can someone answer these question? with there own answers and with verse.

Where is the Narrow Gate?

Where is the Narrow Path?

How do I purify my Heart?

How do I know I am saved?

How do I enter the LORDS Kingdom?

How do I know JESUS has forgiven me?

When will I see GOD?

When do I start producing Fruit?

How do I know when by heart is purified?

How do I know when I have forgiven others?

How do I know when I have produced Fruit?

When do I enter the LORDS Kingdom?

What day is the Sabbath (rest)?

Bill
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_roblaine

Post by _roblaine » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:37 am

Hi Bill,
I hope you had a good Christmas. Let me answer a couple of these questions for you, as I understand them.

As you might suspect, the narrow gate and narrow path are not literal. Christians see these as a way to live your life in obedience the Jesus Christ, who is the only way to the father (John 14:6). When talking about the narrow path, Jesus also talks about the wide gate and the broad road which lead to destruction. I believe that Jesus is talking about people who will try to be counted worthy based on their own works, or following other gods.

How do I purify my Heart?

I don't believe you can purify your own heart. I believe that is the work of the Holy Spirit in the believer after they have chosen Christ as their Lord. If Christ is your Lord you will desire to be obedient to him and you should see a change in yourself. You no longer desire to satisfy your owns lusts but you will desire to please Him who redeemed you.

Psalms 51:10 backs up my point that God is the only one who is able to purify ones heart.

Psalms 51:10
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit in me.

Trust in Jesus Christ, and fallow Him. Make Him Lord over your life. But, you should study the scriptures and make sure you have the right Jesus.

By becoming a believer.

Jesus not only said we must believe in Him for forgiveness(John 3:16), but we must also forgive others.

Matthew 6:14
For if you forgive men when the sin against you, your heavenly father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your father will not forgive yours.

When will I see GOD?

Probably after you die. If you are a believer perhaps you will see him in heaven before the judgment. If you are not a believer you will see him at the judgment, at the end of ages when the righteous and unrighteous are resurrected.

Hopefully, I covered this for you in my earlier answer regarding purification.

How do I know when I have forgiven others?

I hope others will chime in on this because I can only talk about my personal experiences with forgiveness.

When someone has wronged me and I feel like I want to seek revenge, or if I find myself holding a grudge, I remind myself of all the awful thing I have done and the free gift of forgiveness that I received from my Father in heaven. This reminds me that whatever a person has done to me, is minor in comparison to what I have done to God. Then I truly find myself looking at these people differently and forgiveness is much easier.

I believe this happens when one becomes a believer, and takes part in the new covenant.

What day is the Sabbath (rest)?

The actual Sabbath day is Saturday. there is allot of disagreement on this subject. I don't believe that we need to keep the Sabbath under the new covenant.

Well, I hope I have helped. I'm not a teacher but I have seen you post up for a few days so I thought I would give you my thoughts.

Robin
Reason:
God Bless

__id_988

Post by __id_988 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:17 pm

Hello Robin

May the Lord bless you and your family
Here are my answer to the question.

The narrow gate is your Heart, we have to open our Heart to Jesus, before the Holy Spirit can enter and give us strength and wisdom.
Pro 23:19 Hear thou, my son, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way.
Pro 23:26 My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.
Mat 7:13 Go in through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are the ones entering in through it.
Mat 7:14 For narrow is the gate, and constricted is the way that leads away into life, and few are the ones finding it.

The narrow path is following Jesus
Num 22:26 And the angel of the LORD went further, and stood in a narrow place, where was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left.
Joh 10:7 Then Jesus again said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you that I am the door of the sheep

How do I purify by Heart?
Again I first have to open my Heart, so the HOLY SPIRIT can move in and give us strength to removing all anger and forgiving of others.

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Eph 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you

By asking Jesus to forgive me, humble myself, remove the anger from my heart and forgive others for there transgression as Jesus forgave me.

The entire book of 1st John was written as a "test" for determining the reality of salvation
Romans 8:16 tells us: "The Spirit Himself [thus] testifies together with our own spirit, [assuring us] that we are children of God.

Ask Jesus to be my savior, receive HIM as a child, opening my heart and turn over all may anger, Etc. Loving God with all my heart, soul and Love my neighbors. Then enter into his REST and be part of HIS body. Then the Kingdom of GOD is within me.

Luk 17:21 neither shall they say, Lo here! Or, lo there! For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Luk 18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

When I have truly forgiven others.

Mat 6:14 For if you forgive men their deviations, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
Mat 6:15 But if you will not forgive men their deviations, neither will your Father forgive your deviations.
Mat 18:35 So also My heavenly Father will do to you unless each of you from your hearts forgive his brother their deviations.
1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous that He may forgive us the sins, and may cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

When will I see GOD?
When my HEART is pure. When I have cleansed anger from my heart and forgiven others. This is a life long endeavor.
Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

When do I start producing Fruit?
When I have released anger and forgiven others, When I LOVE my neighbor and my GOD. Only then others will see the changes in me and see the glory of Jesus in by life.

Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Jesus say (Joh 15:16) Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
Jam 3:18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.
Eph 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
Joh 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

When I do not hold anger and hatred toward others, I can be in the same room with those I have had issue with and have a new relationship with them, because I have forgotten there transgression as Jesus has forgotten my transgression, I know that the HOLY SPIRIT is protecting me.

1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

How do you now when you have forgiven others?
When I am not longer angry, disappointed, hurt or offended by others and have developed new relationships with them. When I can be with them and have totally forgotten there transgression against me, as Jesus has forgotten those transgression I have done.
Act 8:22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.
Rom 4:7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
Mar 4:12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.
Luk 5:20 And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.
Luk 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
Luk 7:47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

How do I know when I have produced Fruit?
My seeing family and friends coming to Christ because of the changes they see that HOLY SPIRIT has made in me.

Joh 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
Joh 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
Rom 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

When I TRUST the LORD for all things

Luk 17:21 neither shall they say, Lo here! Or, lo there! For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

What day is Sabbath (rest)

Our Lord Jesus showed us in Matthew how he tweaked the Ten Commandment, but not the 4th Commandment. The 4th Commandment is not mention until in Hebrews.
Please read Hebrews 4.

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

As you can see that GOD did again limiteth a certain day call it Today. So Jesus has changed the 4th Commandment to be a everyday REST not just once a week.

When He uses the word again, that means He had Limit a day before, which we can find in Exo 16:23 And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

From a Brother in Jesus
Bill
Reason:

_Mort_Coyle

Post by _Mort_Coyle » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:10 pm

Hi Bill,

Two questions:

1. Am I correct in assuming that you asked these questions initially not because you wanted anyone to answer them but because you wanted to answer them yourself?

2. Is "limiteth" really a word?
Reason:

__id_988

Post by __id_988 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:34 pm

Hello Mort,

(1) We only had 1 response out of 60+ that viewed the question. So I gave my answers to get some dialogue going. Are you able to answer any of the question?

(2) Limiteth in the KJV
Strong Number G3724

hor-id'-zo
From G3725; to mark out or bound (“horizon”), that is, (figuratively) to appoint, decree, specify: - declare, determine, limit, ordain.

Bill
Reason:

_Mort_Coyle

Post by _Mort_Coyle » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:35 pm

Are you able to answer any of the question?
Yes, but you seem to have already done so. Also, there are a lot of questions and my time is limitedeth. What is the main point that you were trying to get across?
Reason:

Return to “Christian Evidences & Challenges”