Can God be found?

_SoaringEagle

Can God be found?

Post by _SoaringEagle » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:52 pm

Can God be found?

Yes, by those who seek him

Proverbs 8:17
-Those that seek me early shall find me.

No, not by those who seek him

Proverbs 1:28
-Then shall they call upon me but I will not answer; they shall seek me early but shall not find me.

Lamentations 3:8
-Also when I cry and shout, he shutteth out my prayer.

Lamentations 3:44
-Thou hast covered thyself with a cloud, that our prayer should not pass through.

Amos 8:12
-They shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Paidion

Post by _Paidion » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:13 pm

Should there not be a better balance by quoting a few more "YES" scriptures?

Deuteronomy 4:29 But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul.

1 Chronicles 28:9 "And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father, and serve him with a whole heart and with a willing mind; for the LORD searches all hearts, and understands every plan and thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will cast you off permanently.

2 Chronicles 15:2 and he went out to meet Asa, and said to him, "Hear me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin: The LORD is with you, while you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will forsake you.
Reason:
Paidion
"Not one soul will ever be redeemed from hell but by being saved from his sins, from the evil in him." --- George MacDonald

_Derek

Post by _Derek » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:05 pm

Pro 1:24 "Because I called and you refused, I stretched out my hand and no one paid attention;
Pro 1:25 And you neglected all my counsel And did not want my reproof;
Pro 1:26 I will also laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your dread comes,
Pro 1:27 When your dread comes like a storm And your calamity comes like a whirlwind, When distress and anguish come upon you.
Pro 1:28 "Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently but they will not find me,

There's the reason.
Reason:
Derek

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
Psalm 20:7

Return to “Christian Evidences & Challenges”