Do all worship the same God?

__id_1679

Post by __id_1679 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:01 pm

Hey Allen,

I think President Bush is simply being "politically correct". Frankly, I see no real value in a Christian wanting to become president. Unless your'e the D. James Kennedy type who wants to "win back America for Christ",I don't think Jesus would be impressed with such ambition nor calls us to a political agena. To many areas for corruption and comprimise, IMO.
How quickly some forget what Jesus said, "My Kingdom is not of this World". Yes, you could argue we are 'salt and light' in the world and should bring our message into the 'political world view'. I have no problem with that. Billy Graham is a fine example. He didn't have to 'please anyone' other than God. Elections to office happen because of three things; money, power and political salesmanship. I highly doubt that anyone running on a Gospel Ticket will ever be elected to the Presidency.
They have too many other people they have to please that could care less about Jesus Christ. American politics follows the art of comprimise.
Jesus isn't into comprimise, but is into righteousness.
My 2 cents. (Don't spend it all in one place) :lol:

In Jesus,
Bob
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Allyn

Post by _Allyn » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:19 pm

I understand, Traveler. I'm thinking though if you or I or anyone interested in this discussion were sitting as president in front of a liberal newsman just how we(I) would answer the same questions? Are we prepared to give an answer for why we believe what we do? I guess one could argue that Bush was prepared (he seldom is though at any off the cuff question) but his answer shows a lessor knowledge.
Reason:

__id_2243

Post by __id_2243 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:26 pm

On reflection, the President's answer about non-Christians going to heaven goes beyond a semantic issue. On that one, I'll agree that the answer is unfortunate (although there could be arguments that it is literally true as formulated if one believes that anybody goes to heaven under any circumstances without consciously knowing Christ -- perhaps a question over which there is dispute). Still, I wouldn't hold the President out to be the Theologian-in-Chief, and I think his answers inevitably reflect geopolitical considerations rather than pure personal opinion.

Regards,

CThomas
Reason:

_MoGrace2u

Post by _MoGrace2u » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:42 pm

Paidion wrote:Muslims and Christians both recognize one God ---- the Creator.

There is only one Creator, and so it must be the same God they recognize.

In the Arabian language, the word for "God" is "Allah".

It is not that Christians and Muslims worship two different Gods. Rather, Muslims do not see the character of God in the same way.

We do the same thing with someone we know here on earth. Joe and Jim both know a man named Paul. Joe knows Paul as a kindly, loving man.
Jim saw Paul lash out in anger twice, and so he thinks of him as a hateful man. One day, Jim heard Joe say what a good-hearted man Paul is. Jim said, "That's not the Paul I know!" Of course, it was the Paul Jim knew. It's just that Jim has a different understanding of Paul's character.

Even within Christianity, there are various views concerning the character of God. For example, some of you believe that God will send all non-Christians to a place where they will suffer forever for their sins. Others believe that sooner or later, God will reconcile all people to Himself. Do the two groups believe in different Gods? Or do the two groups disagree about the character of God?
The reason that Muslims do not see the character of God in the same way is because God has not revealed Himself to them. The Koran is not "another testament" of the Lord, any more that the Book of Mormon is. You are assuming that it is one's experience that reveals the truth of God - not so. Man has no perception of God unless He reveals Himself to them. Anything else is just his vain imagination! Which is how idolatry is defined. Allah is not the God of the bible. And that he is the god of the Koran marks him as Baal not Jehovah.

"Lord, Lord" = "Creator, Creator" for the false professor.
Reason:
Robin

_Paidion

Post by _Paidion » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:22 am

You are assuming that it is one's experience that reveals the truth of God - not so.
No, I am not assuming that. I am saying that all who recognize the creator as God are recognizing the true God. For there is only one creator.

Arab Christians (formerly Muslims) continue to pray. in their own language, to "Allah". For the word simply means "God". I think they would be quite shocked if you told them, "You are not praying to the God of the Bible."
Reason:
Paidion
"Not one soul will ever be redeemed from hell but by being saved from his sins, from the evil in him." --- George MacDonald

Return to “Christian Evidences & Challenges”