Vampires in the Bible

_SoaringEagle

Vampires in the Bible

Post by _SoaringEagle » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:40 am

Psalm 57:4
I am in the midst of lions; I lie among ravenous beasts— men whose teeth are spears and arrows, whose tongues are sharp swords.

I remember reading a book a couple years ago in which the author (a professing Christian) tells of either a girl with a background of witchcraft, and was a leader in the church of satan or the author, claiming to have encountered vampires in her life. Come to think of it, the book is called "He came to set the captives free" by Rebeca Brown. The used the above Scripture to show vampires were real and mentioned in the bible. I thought I'd put this here for what may turn into an comical and interesting discussion. She also used the following Scripture as well to allude to the idea of werewolves in the bible as well. By the way, this text is also used to support the doctrine of Total Depravity aka Total Inability. Go figure!

2 Peter 2:12
... these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Seth

Post by _Seth » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:07 pm

I read that book in college. Doesn't the author claim to have been the "Bride of Satan"? I found it extremely interesting, but not without a healthy (and I mean cancer-causing in rats) dose of sensationalism. Very Bob Larson.

Kind of the opposite of Satan: An Authorized Autobiography.
Reason:

_SoaringEagle

Post by _SoaringEagle » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:31 pm

I think it was one of the main characters in her book, but not her herself. Elaine, wasn't it?
Reason:

Return to “Christian Evidences & Challenges”