Interested in Apologetics...

_SoaringEagle

Interested in Apologetics...

Post by _SoaringEagle » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:50 pm

In a battle for the truth prevailing over the lies, often times Christians would be at a loss to adequately defend the Christian Faith both intelectually and biblically. So there is a definate need to have all the information available as time and God permits to be a veteran defender of the faith. Me myself, I am no veteran, but have search for hours and hours for Christian sites that are in depth in their studies and broad in their material. Among the top one in my opinion and to my knowlegdge is http://www.christiancadre.org/. Check it out everyone, and tell me what you think. Here is it's main setup as follows:
===============================================

Site Navigation
This site is a comprehensive guide to the apologetic efforts of CADRE members and various online discussion forums related to those efforts, as well as a guide to contemporary and traditional Christian scholarship not affiliated with the CADRE. It is intentionally broad in scope, offering websites and articles related to almost every facet of Christian apologetics. For more information about the beliefs of the CADRE, please consult the Statement of Faith.

NOTE: The CADRE members do not collectively or individually agree with everything said in every link on this site. Some links have been chosen primarily to give an alternative view on an issue and the information contained therein may not be agreeable to or consonant with the understanding of any person in the CADRE. All readers are, of course, asked to use their discretion and discernment it reading through the information or arguments made in any of the links.

ANSWERS FOR SKEPTICS
A page featuring mostly original research by CADRE members that directly respond to arguments made by skeptics. The CADRE would be pleased to consider submissions for this page.

CADRE COMMENTS BLOG
The official blogging arm of the Christian CADRE. Some CADRE members blog here on matters related to apologetics, including Intelligent Design, Cultural Apologetics, the Jesus Myth, and the Resurrection.

GOD
EVIL AND SUFFERING A page of links exploring the question of how a good and perfect God could tolerate the continued existence of evil and suffering in the world.

EXISTENCE OF GOD A page of links looking at some of the most common and compelling arguments for the existence of God -- the cosmological, teleological, moral and other arguments.

INTELLIGENT DESIGN A page of links looking into this interesting discussion about the assumptions of science and the evidence in science for a designer.

ONTOLOGICAL ARGUMENT A page of links relating to one of the more difficult of the philosophical arguments for the existence of God.

PANENTHEISM A page of links concerning the belief that God is not only apart from nature but part of nature, i.e., transcendent and immanent.

TRINITY A page of links seeking to give understanding and context for the Biblical teaching of the Trinity.

HISTORY
CHRISTIAN HISTORY A page featuring links to both Archaeology and Church History.

DATING THE NEW TESTAMENT A page of links relating to the dating of the books of the New Testament focusing on sites that argue for earlier dates and pages arguing from manuscript evidence.

MARTYRS A page of links about the martyrs and saints of the church -- both past and contemporary.

JESUS
THE HISTORICAL JESUS A page dedicated to the defense of the historical Jesus.

JESUS CHRIST, MESSIAH A page of links relating to the question of whether Jesus met the requirements of the messiah in the Old Testament.

JESUS SEMINAR A page of links about the group of scholars whose views of the historic Christ depart, often radically, from the views of historic, orthodox Christianity.

THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS This page provides the best defenses of the resurrection of Jesus available. It includes articles by top scholars and well-known internet apologists, as well as articles by CADRE members. It also features a section responding to the latest skeptic assault on the resurrection, The Empty Tomb: Jesus Beyond the Grave.

PHILOSOPHY
A page featuring links to various resources on philosophy with an emphasis on webpages by our favorite Christian philosophers.

POSTMODERNISM
A page of links about postmodernism, its basic tenents, its truth (if such a thing is possible in postmodernism) and its implications for Christianity.

THE PUBLIC SQUARE
A page addressing the issues that concern Christianity in Society. Page includes links to sites on Church/State relations, Abortion, Homosexual marriage, Christianity in the Workplace and more.

RESOURCES & TOOLS
AUDIO A collection of sites containing audio files with substance from well-grounded regular radio programs, such as Stand to Reason, Ravi Zacharias Ministries, and lectures by professors in theology.

MEMBER SITES A page featuring the diversive websites, virtual offices, and blogs of CADRE members.

RESOURCES A page featuring links to websites packed full of the best apologetics information on the Internet. Also contains links to resources with primary source material.

TOPICAL RESOURCES A page featuring links to apologetic websites dedicated to particular subjects such as Cults, Science and God, Arguments for God's Existence, and Egalitarianism in the church.

ROMAN CATHOLIC
A page of links to some of the best Roman Catholic sites for apologetics and general information about the teachings of the Roman Catholic church.

SCIENCE
A page of more general scientific links that give insight into the relationship between science and religion.

WHAT'S NEW?
A page announcing the latest changes to the CADRE site.

WHY I AM A CHRISTIAN
A page of links to essays by individuals who came to believe in Christ and their reasoning for accepting the Faith.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:58 pm

SoaringEagle,

Old thread....'thought to check it out.

I just found the CADRE site last week. And, yes, it is an awesome resource!

Handy links from CADRE:

bethinking.org

European Leadership Resources Forum

another good one:

The Veritas Forum

HNY,
Rick
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

_Malachy

CADRE

Post by _Malachy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:44 am

This is a good site. I have been gathering similar sites in my favorites for some time. Finidng this one would have saved me some time.
Reason:

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:13 pm

The Bible.Org site -- home of the NET Bible which is available online and has the most footnotes of any Bible ever! -- has an online "The Theology Program" which used to be in Paltalk Messenger. I'm not sure if it still is now or not. Here is a link to:
Converse With Scholars from Bible.Org.

Actually, The Theology Program and Converse With Scholars is now at a new site (though I think it can still be accessed via Bible.Org):
Reclaiming The Mind Ministries
RTMM may be an entirely independent ministry from Bible.Org now; I'm not for sure. In Converse With Scholars you can ask the scholars questions. I asked John Frame, Scot McKnight, James Sire and a couple other of their guests stuff. RTMM is Calvinistic but they aren't "biased" about it. In other words, they talk about the Bible and theology in an overall program and don't get "hung-up" (for lack of vocab.) on TULIP, etc. They give consideration to Arminian thought, and so on. The guy who leads TTP (The Theology Program) is C. Michael Patton, Chuck Swindoll's Singles Ministries Director. Real nice fellow.
Rick
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

Return to “Christian Evidences & Challenges”