Would Jesus be a liberal? or conservative?

TK

Re: Would Jesus be a liberal? or conservative?

Post by TK » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:33 am

I guess I am a little confused--

Does Frank give all his money to the poor, or just believe that Christians should do so?

Does he think that is the correct moral thing to do, or is he just making the point that if Christians truly followed their Master that this is what THEY should do?

If he believes it is the moral thing to do, and if he is not doing it, why?

Like the atheist in the old forum, he is setting up impossible standards in order to show how Christianity fails. In his view all Chrisitans should be paupers, much less middle class.

TK

steve7150

Re: Would Jesus be a liberal? or conservative?

Post by steve7150 » Sun May 01, 2011 9:49 am

Like the atheist in the old forum, he is setting up impossible standards in order to show how Christianity fails. In his view all Chrisitans should be paupers, much less middle class.

First of all Jesus never told us to sell everything and give it to the poor , that was directed at the rich young ruler to reveal his covetousness. Jesus also said his kingdom was not of this world so the emphasis from Jesus was about our relationship to God & him. Certainly he did say we should be merciful & love our neighbor & he he gave us the good samaritan story therefore we s/b kind and charitable on a voluntary basis.
The atheist i suspect is jousting by taking a few verses out of context and not having a real interest to try to understand the bible in context. We have to be careful where we cast the pearls.

Return to “Christianity”