Pat Robertson

_roblaine

Post by _roblaine » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:32 pm

Here is the latest from Pat Robertson, in case some of you have not seen it yet.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/01/02/D8MDEM380.html

Robin
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
God Bless

_Derek

Post by _Derek » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:07 pm

<b>Pat Robertson:</b>
"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."
Doesn't that make him a false prophet by his own admission?
Reason:
Derek

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
Psalm 20:7

_Allyn

Post by _Allyn » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:11 pm

They come out from under the woodwork.
http://www.israelmybeloved.com/channel/ ... article/13
Reason:

_Truthseeker

A relatively good track record

Post by _Truthseeker » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:46 pm

Derek
After I read that "relatively good track record-sometimes I miss" statement of Pat's I laughed. But it was a nervous laugh.
Reason:

_JC

Post by _JC » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:26 pm

Perhaps Pat is the Antichrist from the book of "Revelations." Seriously though, I'm not sure why the man recieves so much attention. Pat seems like a genuine Christian, but a poorly informed one. I'm a charasmatic believer but things like this make me blush. The bible says not to despise prophecy, but we're commanded to weigh the prophecy and consider whether it's truly from God... or not.
Reason:

_STEVE7150

Post by _STEVE7150 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:00 am

Perhaps Pat is the Antichrist from the book of "Revelations." Seriously though, I'm not sure why the man recieves so much attention. Pat seems like a genuine Christian, but a poorly informed one. I'm a charasmatic believer but things like this make me blush. The bible says not to despise prophecy, but we're commanded to weigh the prophecy and consider whether it's truly from God... or not.

Pat is a dedicated Christian and his charity "Operation Blessing" is still busy in New Orleans long after the Hollywood celebrities have left. He has dedicated his whole life to spreading the gospel all over the world yet many Christians like to bash him.
Sometimes i feel that some Christians like to show the secular world how reasonable they are by bashing Pat. It's almost like a sport because he is such a visable target.
I think it's fine to disagree with him on specific issues but to bash him on his intentions without proof is tantamount to gossip IMHO.
Reason:

_TK

Post by _TK » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:06 am

but steve, some times a fellow christian deserves a good bashing, especially if they make public prophecies that dont come true. you cant give him a free pass on that type of thing.

on a side note, what purpose does his most recent "prophecy" serve? how is God glorified by it, and what does Pat hope to accomplish, other than scaring people who believe him and setting himself up for ridicule by those who dont?

TK
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_Paidion

Post by _Paidion » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:06 pm

Quote:
Pat Robertson:
"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

Doesn't that make him a false prophet by his own admission?
Nope!

He may be a false prophet, but the fact that he sometimes "misses" doesn't prove it.

The prophet Jonah "missed" when he prophesied that Ninevah would be destroyed in 40 days. Notwithstanding, Jonah was a true prophet of Yahweh. It just so happened that Yahweh changed his mind, based on the repentance of the Ninevites.

The prophet Micah also "missed" when he prophesied:

Micah 3:12 Therefore because of you Zion shall be plowed as a field; Jerusalem shall become a heap of ruins, and the mountain of the house a wooded height.

That prophecy also failed to come true because Yahweh changed His mind.
For evidence that this prophecy did not come true, and why Yahweh changed His mind, read Jeremiah 26:8-19.
Reason:
Paidion
"Not one soul will ever be redeemed from hell but by being saved from his sins, from the evil in him." --- George MacDonald

_TK

Post by _TK » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:24 pm

paidion--

assuming that a couple of US cities arent devastated by terrorist attacks by the end of 2007, how will we know if it wasnt because God simply changed his mind?

in other words, this would seem to be an easy "out" for any "prophet" making predictions that dont come to pass. "God must have changed his mind."

TK
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_Derek

Post by _Derek » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:51 pm

you have a point there.

Jer 18:6 "O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter has done? declares the LORD. Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.
Jer 18:7 If at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom, that I will pluck up and break down and destroy it,
Jer 18:8 and if that nation, concerning which I have spoken, turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I intended to do to it.
Jer 18:9 And if at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom that I will build and plant it,
Jer 18:10 and if it does evil in my sight, not listening to my voice, then I will relent of the good that I had intended to do to it.

God bless,
Reason:
Derek

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
Psalm 20:7

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”