Mike Bickle - (I.H.O.P.)

_john b

Mike Bickle - (I.H.O.P.)

Post by _john b » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:29 am

Hi,
This is an all skate;

My wife and I have been attending Mike Bickle's International House Of Prayer (IHOP) here in the Kansas City area for a good year and a half now. I haven't ever considered myself a part of thier congregation though. Guess I've been in decision mode this whole time. I've come to disagree with thier view of Isreal and "prophetic schooling" (Thank you Steve!, I love the Narrow Path). One thing that has kept us around is that they do urge an extravagant love for Jesus, which is obviously good. But I've learned of some disturbing things lately regarding Mike Bickle & the so called "prophets" that are usually associated with him (Bob Jones, Paul Cain, etc.), and wanted some more information if anyone had any.

Just to clarify, I don't hold Mike Bickle, Bob Jones, Paul Cain or any of their asssociates to be prophets in any sense because of the way they define who a prophet is and how often they can be right. To them sometimes you can be wrong in giving a "prophetic word" to someone. Not so, according to Scripture.

Also, I've only recently heard of movements such as the "Latter Rain" & "Manifest Son's" movements which are somehow connected with IHOP but still don't know a whole lot about them.

I dont want my family and friends to keep attending a place that could be dangerous. Can anyone shed some light on this? And does anyone know of a good church in the K.C. area?
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Steve

Post by _Steve » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:44 pm

Hi John,

Don't know any churches in Kansas City, but I know a little about IHOP.

It is a good thing for a church to encourage a love for Jersus, but this can be done without the strange things associated with IHOP. Bickle may be a fine man, for all I know, but his ministry seems tainted by skandalous associations.

Bob Jones and Paul Cain, sadly, have both had to be dicsiplined for rather serious moral failures, and they are doctrinally quite unsound. There is another thread that talks about the latter rain movement, which mght interest you:

http://66.246.192.110/forumC/viewtopic.php?t=531

There is another post from someone looking for a church in Kansas City, at http://66.246.192.110/forumC/viewtopic.php?t=450 . Maybe the two of you could get together.
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

_john b

Post by _john b » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:57 pm

Thanx a mill. Steve,

Since the last post I have done alittle more research about Mike Bickle, IHOP, and the Latter Rain movement and the people associated w/ it. Your right, they all have a "checkered" past to say the least.

For anyone looking for info on these subjects here are a few links:

www.apologeticsindex.org
www.pfo.org/growingpains.htm
www.deceptioninthechurch.com/kcp.html

Thanx again Steve, congrats and blessings on the Portland station!
Reason:

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”