Books by Bart D. Ehrman

_Brian T

Books by Bart D. Ehrman

Post by _Brian T » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:42 am

Is anyone familiar with Ehrman? I browsed his book "Lost Christianities" at Barnes and Noble last night. Here's a summary of the book I found on the web.

"Erhman makes the point that many Biblical stories and beliefs concerning the divinity of Jesus, the Trinity and the divine origins of the Bible itself stem from both intentional and accidental alterations."
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
Brian T,

_Michael Wesley

Post by _Michael Wesley » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:28 pm

I saw an interview with Bart Ehrman where he discussed his book Misquoting Jesus. His claim is that much of what has been written in the gospels had been changed or altered (sometimes significantly) over the years by the scribes that the penned the Bible we use today. For example, in this interview, he alleges that the that the account in John 8 of the adulteress being brought to Jesus by the scribes and Pharisees to be stoned; where Jesus says, "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first," was a fabrication by a scribe or sribes--that this scenario never actually occured (I guess Mr. Ehrman was alive around the time of Jesus to testify to this?).
I can't say much else about Mr. Ehrman since I haven't actually read any of his books yet, but I too, would be interested to hear from someone who has, particulary his book Misquoting Jesus

Michael.
Reason:

_SoaringEagle

Post by _SoaringEagle » Thu May 11, 2006 8:44 pm

for a review of Misquoting Jesus, read this: www.bible.org/page.asp?page_id=3452
Reason:

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”