Kent "Dr Dino" Hovind arrested on tax evasion

_Super Sola Scriptura

Post by _Super Sola Scriptura » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:44 am

Steve, these are not good points, but simply questions.

The reason Hovind does some things "just under the radar" is becasue you must pick and choose your battles with these people. He has picked them, and there is nothing wrong with that.

The Founders didn't "rebel" against King George. Understand that the government of England had been in violation of the agreedments they had with the colonists. For ONE HUNDRED YEARS the Colonists appealed to England to do what was right and agreed upon, but they continued to violate and oppress, something they DID NOT HAVE THE RIGHT to do. The Founders told the King it was Lex Rex--the Law is King, not the King is Law.

Anyway, you miss the point. To follow Moses is to follow Moses. If you wanted to honor God and the Old Covenant, who would you follow, what Moses wrote or what Ahab was doing??? What was the RIGHT thing to do?

The Federal Government simply has NO AUTHORITY over churches, neither does the State. They are told to BUTT out. Hovind is taking this posture with the Government, making it clear to them that ministers and ministries are not subject to the government. These egotistical little tyrants can't handle that, being so used to doing whatever they please to whomever they please.

As for Hovind dong what he does if he believes everything will turn out OK< who said THAT??? Innocent Christians have been beaten by the police and gone to jail in prolife work! They have been denied their Constitutional rights by a tyrannical Police and Court system. We know of many, as we are involved in this issue. When you stand for what is right, expect to SUFFER.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:22 am

Good morning SSS...thanks for your reply to my questions.
Steve, these are not good points, but simply questions.
Very true!
The reason Hovind does some things "just under the radar" is becasue you must pick and choose your battles with these people. He has picked them, and there is nothing wrong with that.

...and...

As for Hovind dong what he does if he believes everything will turn out OK< who said THAT??? Innocent Christians have been beaten by the police and gone to jail in prolife work! They have been denied their Constitutional rights by a tyrannical Police and Court system. We know of many, as we are involved in this issue. When you stand for what is right, expect to SUFFER.
I guess I should have been more clear in my simple question. By "OK" I meant pleasing to the Lord, not to the government. I agree with you when you say: "When you stand for what is right, expect to SUFFER." Mr. Hovind must be overjoyed. Do you know him? You seem to know his motivations.

[/quote]
Reason:

_Super Sola Scriptura

Post by _Super Sola Scriptura » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:42 am

Yes we know him. Not closely, but have had numerous conversations with him on the phone and in person. What a lovely Christian man.

He has a pretty big ministry, and is VERY BUSY.

Yet when my 15 year old son called his ministry to ask about Geocentric theory vs. Heliocentric, brother Hovind called him back later and answered him for about 20 minutes! How many busy ministers like Hovind call back kids to answer their questions??? Hovind does. He is very accessable and very funny too.

He is also the most interesting and best refuter of Evilution we have ever heard, and we have many videos from many creationist ministries on this. You should get his video series on Creation and Evolution. I think it is 7 videos or DVDs.

Kids LOVE watching him because he is interesting and funny. He talks about Dinosaurs and many other things. He also discusses why he has taken his posture towards the government on these videos and informs Christians why they shouldn't put up with unConstitutional intrusions from the Government. God bless him! He is being lied about.
Reason:

_roblaine

Post by _roblaine » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:09 am

He is also the most interesting and best refuter of Evilution we have ever heard, and we have many videos from many creationist ministries on this. You should get his video series on Creation and Evolution. I think it is 7 videos or DVDs.

SSS, I agree with you. I have his seminar's on CD and have learned alot from him. I pray Dr. Dino and his ministry.
Reason:
God Bless

_Steve

Post by _Steve » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:19 am

Michelle wrote:

"If obeying Romans 13 is obeying the founding fathers but not the current government, why couldn't you say that we should have obeyed George III and not rebelled in the first place? What makes the founding fathers the only authorities to be obeyed?

"If Jefferson said to remove such people BY FORCE, but God said to be subject to the ruling powers, it's not really a dilemma for me which one I should obey. "

Sorry. But I still believe these are good points (I see the questions in the first paragraph as rhetorical, which make a good point; the second paragraph makes an excellent point as well).
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

_djeaton

Post by _djeaton » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:11 pm

Super Sola Scriptura wrote:He is also the most interesting and best refuter of Evilution we have ever heard, and we have many videos from many creationist ministries on this.
I have no problem with his anti-evolution arguments. It is some of his pro-young-earth arguments that have many concerned and have made the list of arguments that creationists should *not* use. Bad arguments don't help your cause. I also think he is mean-spirited at times. I heard him accuse someone he was in a debate with of believing in evolution because he wanted the freedom to live with loose morals. It went downhill from there. Even if the statement was true, a blatent ad hominem attack like that in a debate leads the audience to believe that you don't have the facts to back up your point so you attack your opposer, not their argument.
D.
Reason:

_brody_in_ga

Post by _brody_in_ga » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:47 am

The message above this post is a bad one to say the least. If you click on the link, you will download a virus. Just thought I would warn everybody.
Reason:
For our God is a consuming fire.
Hebrews 12:29

_mattrose

Post by _mattrose » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:38 pm

got it Derek...sorry I didn't catch it sooner!
Reason:
Hemingway once said: 'The world is a fine place and worth fighting for'

I agree with the second part (se7en)

_AARONDISNEY

Post by _AARONDISNEY » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:11 pm

I know this is an old thread but I've been listening to Kent Hovind's lectures for the past couple of weeks and have found him to be very convincing.

Of course it seems that he has not been the perfect role model as far as dealing with the government as concerns taxes, but reading through this thread, it seems that some consider his arguments to be weak or deceptive. Does anyone know, specifically, what he taught that was incorrect?

Thank you.
Reason:

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”