The Eastern Church

_Jeffrey Jacob Lacine

I do agree with this!

Post by _Jeffrey Jacob Lacine » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:18 pm

Ken,
I may not have agreed with some of what you have said. But I certainly agree with your frustration on the 'word faith' movement. When I first became a Christian, do to bad teaching I believed that physical healing was a part of the atonement. It caused me lots of frustration and pain. I thank the Lord for bringing me out of that doctrine. I was missing out on so many of the glorious truths laid out in scripture because I believed we should never be ill.
I pray that you would be victorious in the trial of your physical affliction. May the Lord have His way in us. I pray that He would make us more like Him through the trials He allows in our lives. I pray that He would be glorified in it all. I pray He would give us Grace to endure. And I pray that we would be able to rejoice as the early saints did despite affliction!
thank you for your posts,
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward of His sufferings,
Jeff Lacine

_Priestly1

Has Saint Thomas a more Faithful (i.e. Orthodox) Church?

Post by _Priestly1 » Mon May 10, 2004 10:16 pm

Axios!
I do not believe that we Mar +Thoma Nazaranis are the be all and end all of Nazaraean Orthodoxy....we only seek to perpetuate what we received from Saint Judas Thomas and His fellow Apostles. Thomasine Nazaranis have been dominated by West Syrian Orthodoxy, Chaldean Catholicism, Portuguese Roman Catholicism, Dutch Reformed Orthodoxy, Anglican Orthodoxy, Presbyterianism as well as Pentacostalism and other denominations of various foreign colonial powers. My Jurisdiction of the Church of the East comes from Western India, Ceylon and Nepal...which has been dominated by many foreign colonial powers until the middle 20th Century. Our Brethren in Syria, Iraq, Armenia, Turkey and Iran have been affected less by foreign colonialism.
We have sought to retain all that is beautiful in each Tradition which has sought to transform us, while seeking to retain all that was authentically Church of the East. We have sought a "Via Media" approach in worship style...and have maintained the Orthodoxy which was the Standard since 431 AD. We believe we have a multiethnic Church with a Single Rule of Faith and Dogmatic Confession. We have had to "restore" much that had been lost and neglected because of the suppression use of Foreign Power's Church dominion. So in a sense we have had to Reform our Church back to it's Ancient Nazarani Church of the East Faith & Practice.
So there are other Thomasine Churches in India and Abroad which no longer perpetuate Pure Nazarani Church of the East Faith & Practices. These Other Indian Thomasines are Jacobite (Monophysite) Syrian Orthodox, Latin Roman Catholic, Malankaran Catholics, Reformed and Episcopalian...yet we all descend from the original Thomasine Nazarani Church of the East. So we do feel that we along with the Assyro-Persian Church of the East, faithfully perpetuate and represent the Ancient Deposit of Faith brought to the Far East (From Eddessa to Madras) by Mar +Ehoda Thoma between 45 AD - 73 AD.
Do we feel we are the sole Church as Rome and the others claim? NO! We are the Mar +Thoma Nazarani Orthodox Church of the East & Abroad...one of many historical and Apostolic Churches....it is just that we have sought to maintain our doctrinal and organizational purity...which many in the west think is too primitive and Semitic (Judaic).

I hope this helps.
Ken
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”