Steve Wohlberg

__id_1302

Steve Wohlberg

Post by __id_1302 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:01 am

I am just wondering if anyone here has observations or opinions on Steve Wohlberg and what he teaches and writes.

Blessings,
Lazarus43
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_roblaine

Post by _roblaine » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:41 am

I read his book End Time Delusions, and thought it was pretty good. Steve is a historicist and makes a good case for a historical view of the book of Revelation. I would recommend his book, along with Steve Gregg's if anyone wanted understand the Historicists better.

Here is a link to his website if anyone is intrested.
http://whitehorsemedia.com/

Robin
Reason:
God Bless

__id_1302

Post by __id_1302 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:16 pm

Robin,

Thank you for your reply. I also liked End Time Delusions. I hope more people will read it.

Has anyone noticed any problem with any specific Seventh Day Adventist doctrines in what he writes or teaches? I am not aware of any. As soon as some people learn that he was a pastor in the SDA denomination, they refuse to even consider anything that he has written, going off on how they do not want to receive SDA cult doctrines.

Again, thank you to all who reply.

Blessings,
Lazarus43
Reason:

_STEVE7150

Post by _STEVE7150 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:27 am

Has anyone noticed any problem with any specific Seventh Day Adventist doctrines in what he writes or teaches? I am not aware of any. As soon as some

They believe in "soul sleep" and following the Sabbath , both i disagree with but to me these are relatively minor issues so overall i think they are more dedicated then most Christians.
Reason:

__id_1302

Post by __id_1302 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:32 am

STEVE7150 wrote:Has anyone noticed any problem with any specific Seventh Day Adventist doctrines in what he writes or teaches? I am not aware of any. As soon as some

They believe in "soul sleep" and following the Sabbath , both i disagree with but to me these are relatively minor issues so overall i think they are more dedicated then most Christians.
Thank you for your reply.

The SDA belief that Ellen White had a prophetic gift is also a problem for me.

Do you, (or does anyone else) know whether Steve Wohlberg digressed into these questionable SDA doctrines in his books and articles about eschatology. SDA beliefs are not uniform and SDA does not control what he writes. As a Jewish convert to Christianity, I can understand why he might want to continue keeping the seventh day sabbath. I believe he can do that and still be a Christian.

"Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person regards one day above another, another regards every day {alike.} Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God." - Romans 14:4-6 (NASB)

I am not aware that Wohlberg is teaching anything like "you have the mark of antichrist if you do not keep a seventh day sabbath."

After much study Walter Martin did not call SDA a cult in Kingdom of the Cults, although he noted its peculiar doctrines.

I am just wanting to see if anyone here is aware of any major reasons Steve Wohlberg's books should not be considered by the average person wanting to know the truth after learning dispensational dogma for many years.

Thank you again for your reply.

Blessings,
Lazarus43
Reason:

_STEVE7150

Post by _STEVE7150 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:07 pm

The SDA belief that Ellen White had a prophetic gift is also a problem for me.

Many Christians believe certain people had prophetic gifts and does'nt the RCC believe the Pope's biblical interpretations are infallible and many "Word of Faith" people believe Kenneth Hagin had prophetic gifts.
I think not all SDAs agree on Ellen White and also the issue would be whether her teachings contradict the bible in a serious way.
I sometimes listen to Doug Batchelor on internet radio who is an SDA and i think he is really good and from what i know about Steve Wohlberg , so far so good.
There are so many doctrines in Christianity you will probably never find anyone you agree with 100% on everything.
Reason:

_anothersteve

Post by _anothersteve » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:23 am

I am not aware that Wohlberg is teaching anything like "you have the mark of antichrist if you do not keep a seventh day sabbath."
I came across this video. It seems he does hold the classic SDA view...i.e. the mark of the beast is worshiping on Sunday.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... &plindex=1
Reason:
Avatar...My daughter and I standing on a glass floor. well over 1000 feet above ground at the CN Tower in Toronto...the tiny green dots beside my left foot are trees.

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”