Todd Bentley Lakeland Florida revival

_Sean

Todd Bentley Lakeland Florida revival

Post by _Sean » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:33 pm

Anyone have any opinions about this? Someone I work with brought this up and seemed interested in what was going on there. The only thing I have heard about it is what Hank said about it on his show Monday and some things I saw on youtube. Some of the things I saw on youtube make me wonder why God would do such things? Shake, fall down, act drunk. How exactly does this edify the body and bring it to maturity?
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. (John 13:35)

_Michelle

Post by _Michelle » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:39 pm

What did Hank say?
Reason:

_TK

Post by _TK » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:38 am

i have done quite a bit of reading on this. i am frustrated because i really have a desire to see God move dramatically in our day, but i have some real reservations about this.

you dont have to do many google searches to find both the pros and cons of what is going on. i know that some ministers who have been involved in outpourings elsewhere also have some reservations about what's going on in lakeland. i dont think we can put the HS in a box; some people might shake (the Quakers did) and some people might act intoxicated (i have a good friend who says when he was filled with the HS that is how he felt). We don't specifically read of people in the Bible being "slain in the spirit" (but Saul might have been in the OT) although the Bible I am sure does not go into detail about everything that happened when people were filled with the HS.

At the same time, like Sean, I have questions. What is the fruit of what is going on? Is there deep repentance? Are people coming to the Lord? Are the bars in Lakeland closing for lack of business? Is the Word of God being preached, or not?

TK
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_Sean

Post by _Sean » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:03 am

Michelle wrote:What did Hank say?
That what is going on is not of God.

You can listen to his comments as well as some very interesting audio clips of Todd Bentley from his Monday show here: http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/Bibl ... d=2008-6-2
Reason:
By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. (John 13:35)

_Michelle

Post by _Michelle » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:24 am

Thanks Sean, I'm listening to it right now.

I, too, have been looking at different clips on youtube and reading the pros and cons. I've also been involved in a discussion on another discussion board with someone who rebukes anyone who questions Todd Bentley's anointing. He actually uses the words, "I rebuke you." I haven't been rebuked yet, fortunately for me I suppose. I think that's because I, like TK, would like to see God move dramatically, so I'm trying to keep an open mind.

I watched the live feed of part of one of the services on God TV. The actual service was boring to me, perhaps you have to be there to catch the excitement. The chatter in the chatbox, however, was amazingly self-centered with most of the people clamoring for their own chills and thrills and seemingly unconcerned about anyone else or any miracles that may have happened.

So, I don't know. Perhaps I'm due for a rebuke soon.
Reason:

_TK

Post by _TK » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:39 pm

Michelle, when that person rebukes you, simply respond that you triple-dog-rebuke him back.

TK
Reason:

_Michelle

Post by _Michelle » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:09 pm

...or I could kick him in the face.
Reason:

_TK

Post by _TK » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:14 pm

in case anyone was wondering-- don't rebuke michelle!

TK
Reason:

_Sean

Post by _Sean » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:56 pm

Michelle wrote:...or I could kick him in the face.
As long as his tooth doesn't pop out, you haven't crossed the line. :lol:
Reason:

_SoaringEagle

Post by _SoaringEagle » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:51 pm

I think all of you following this thread and the issues pertaining to the lakeland revival should check this out. I do believe it is a prophetic word for those caught up in the extremeties of "revival". Tell me what you guys [and girls] think!
Reason:

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”