Scot McKnight's "Jesus Creed" Blog Joins Beliefnet

RickC

Scot McKnight's "Jesus Creed" Blog Joins Beliefnet

Post by RickC » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:13 am

Greetings

As a fairly frequent reader of Scot McKnight's Jesus Creed blog...I was wondering why my live bookmark feed to it wouldn't load this weekend. So I went to a "JC blog" page I had in my bookmarks, clicked on it, and was redirected to the JC Beliefnet Homepage.

It's official, as of today: Jesus Creed is now @ Beliefnet:
http://blog.beliefnet.com/jesuscreed/

I was in shock at first! :shock:
I couldn't believe-it! ... {but now I believe-it}....
Hard to understand. Was this switch to get more readers? I haven't found an explanation by McKnight as to why the switch. It could be in there & I missed it.

They have links to old JC blog posts which is nice. My links to them no longer work, as I found out. It will be a hassle having to hunt them down...but I don't have a choice...so....

I'm wondering how things will work out for Jesus Creed @ Beliefnet. I hope well. One possible disadvantage or drawback is that many Christians won't even read Beliefnet due to offensive comments made by members against Bible-believing Christians, about what we/they believe, and against Jesus Himself: I used to see many Christians quit Beliefnet as soon as they joined. Though I'm still a member of Beliefnet, I essentially stopped posting there a few years ago due to the offensive comments, among other things. I visit old friends at Beliefnet from time to time {I left with 13,000 posts!}. The all-around atmosphere was "not all that hospitable" for Christians like myself when I finally decided to go, around 2004....

Hopefully, Scot McKnight will successfully navigate the waters @ Beliefnet and won't be hampered in saying what he believes there. I'm not sure how the Beliefnet Rules of Conduct apply on blogs. Thus far, I haven't been able to find anything in writing that says the ROCs are different or have different applications on blogs than on regular threads.

Jesus Creed is one of the best Christian blogs around!
I truly hope it stays that way: that Scot McKnight reaches more people for Christ and continues to freely minister to believers in this new venue. I say "freely" because myself and other Christians personally experienced what we felt was censorship @ Beliefnet....
But that's another topic....

Thanks, Have a Good Week, & Go Scot McKnight!!! :)

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”