Keith Green Documentary

darinhouston

Keith Green Documentary

Post by darinhouston » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:12 pm

I'm not sure why, but I cried during this whole movie. I wasn't "into" his music (or any Christian music, really) at the time, but the Last Days' Ministries was only a few miles from my hometown in Texas, and my sister and her youth group got to know him a little bit. I don't know if it's just the way his music touches me, or the full surrender apparent in his life and the way the Lord "could" work through my life as it did his (or just what exactly), but whatever the reason, thinking of his ministry and his music just really brings me to tears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXOhSScVMUs

darinhouston

Re: Keith Green Documentary

Post by darinhouston » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:45 am

I think what really gets to me is his very obvious flaws and brokenness as he (even so) never ceased to so fervently follow God even if he stumbled hard along the way.

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:27 am

Darin, the link in the first post is broken, but I went to youtube and watched a documentary (broken into seven parts) called Your Love Broke Through. Is that the same one? If so it was very well done and very moving.

It seems that I need constant reminders that God uses people with all their imperfections and personality quirks. I keep wanting to get perfect, waiting for the day when I'll finally be useful.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:47 pm

I think I corrected the link -- same video.

anochria

Post by anochria » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:27 pm

Thanks for posting this link. I really want to check it out. His music was deeply impactful in my early experiences with God.
Pastor Josh Coles, Aletheia Christian Fellowship
Visit the Aletheia Discussion Forums

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”