Todd Bentley steps down

Sean

Todd Bentley steps down

Post by Sean » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:01 am

Since Todd Bentley was discussed at the old forum, I figured I would post this here. Follow the link: http://www.freshfire.ca/

Is the apostle Peter ever wrong? 2 Peter 2:1-15
He will not fail nor be discouraged till He has established justice in the earth. (Isaiah 42:4)

Michelle

Re: Todd Bentley steps down

Post by Michelle » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:43 am

Sean wrote:Is the apostle Peter ever wrong? 2 Peter 2:1-15
No, it doesn't appear he ever is.

I've been captivated by Todd Bentley for 4 months now, but not in a positive way. His ministry was so full of violence and sideshow antics; it made me want to watch and repelled me at the same time. The whole Lakeland Outpouring did make me look into the work of the Holy Spirit, which was good, I guess.

Now this has happened and it's just so sad. I suppose that according to the scripture Sean posted, Todd Bentley deserves drastic judgment from the Lord, but other people are involved and my heart goes out to them. Betrayal and divorce are so painful and the hurtful ramifications extend so far beyond the guilty party(ies). I pray for all those involved and everyone who has been hurt that they will be restored, even Todd. I pray that God will open his eyes to what he has done and that perhaps Todd can escape even worse judgment by repentance.

I was glad to see that there actually was some kind of system of accountability in place in the form of his board of directors. Too bad they didn't step in sooner, but I suppose I'm second guessing them and don't know for sure what they have or have not done.

Sean

Post by Sean » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:38 pm

Michelle wrote: Now this has happened and it's just so sad. I suppose that according to the scripture Sean posted, Todd Bentley deserves drastic judgment from the Lord, but other people are involved and my heart goes out to them.
It is sad. I'm not happy that this has happened. Nor am I even sure of the punishment Todd Bentley "deserves". I was thinking more along the lines of him being exposed in this way. It seems to be God's way of exposing him, maybe giving him opportunity to repent. However, I must admit I am less concerned about Todd and his wife than I am the countless people who may have been lead astray by his "teaching". I'm more concerned for their outcome. This situation is about so much more than Todd and his wife. How many people may fall away because of him? How many more people will become cynical about the Christian faith in general because of the antics and lifestyle of Todd Bentley and the gullibility of his followers? My main concern is for the name of Christ.
He will not fail nor be discouraged till He has established justice in the earth. (Isaiah 42:4)

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:29 pm

Well said!

I will pray for those who may have become lost or confused because of this whole sorry mess. Since God can surely take what was meant for evil and turn it into good, He can turn what a deluded man (because that's what I think he is) has messed up into good as well.

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”