Steve Gregg Video(s)

Sean

Steve Gregg Video(s)

Post by Sean » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:11 am

First, I just want to point out (for those that don't know) that Steve Gregg has mp3 downloads of his topical and verse by verse teachings from: http://www.thenarrowpath.com
You can also find his teachings on mp3 and DVD from: http://www.digitalministries.us/page8.html

What I didn't realize is that if you go to the digitalministries website and got to the DVD Videos link you can download (if you have a high-speed connection) Steve Gregg's teaching the book of Ruth. You can either watch it on your computer or burn it to a DVD. I thought all of them were by request only but Ruth can be downloaded. This was Steve in his long(er) hair days. :)

There are also a few newer excerpts of him on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhPjqCmPALU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQw9Y56n0gk
Last edited by Sean on Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
He will not fail nor be discouraged till He has established justice in the earth. (Isaiah 42:4)

RickC

Re: Steve Gregg Video(s)

Post by RickC » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:27 am

Hello Sean,

Thanks for the links.

My ancient computer can't "do" videos but it looks like I'll have a newer one soon.

Somewhat off-topic.
I kind of "regret" the day when or if you won't be able to get audio. Even on a computer that can "watch" videos {if I get mine} I doubt I'll actually watch them. When I listen to teachings or audio, I prefer to lie down and rilly-rilly listen {think}. All of my energies are focused on what's being said.

These days, many excellent talks/lectures/sermons are only in video. I can't get them: :x! But even after I can {with a new computer}...I'll be on the sofa with my eyes closed in deep thought! True, I do fall asleep before the talk is over sometimes {I listen to something almost every day at my bed-time}. I do this for a couple reasons, 1) they say you retain more of what you learn if you do it just before going to sleep and, 2) "sublimal hearing"....goes on after/if I fall asleep. I have the first 2/3rds or so of many of Steve's audio lectures almost memorized, lol. He wasn't boring...I just got too tired!

Anyways...:)

pilgrim731

Post by pilgrim731 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:24 pm

Hello Sean and others.

I wanted to comment on the post regarding Steve's videos on my website.

Because videos are quite large in size I originally decided to offer them on disc only. Now that storage space on hosting sites is much larger and more affordable, you will see more of Steve's videos available for free download/streaming. My asking for donations to cover production costs was done because of my financial situation and because donations were mostly non-existent, even from many who said they would donate after receiving the discs. The donation request was for materials & shipping only; my labor is free!

By the way, the audio from these old videos will be available as audio MP3 files. A few of the missing lectures on The Narrow Path have been found on the video tapes and the audio only extracted. Colossians tape 5 lecture was one of those found and is available but I see it is not yet on TNP. And 1 Corinthians lecture 5 has been missing for a long time but was found on video tape from another series. It covers the missing commentary on 3:18-4:7. There were 18 lectures, not just 17. Again, it is not on the TNP yet.

When I am finally settled here in Ireland and have a high speed Internet connection, there will be more videos available for download. I have about 400 more videos to edit so it will take 1-2 years before they are all done. And I will post more video excerpts on YouTube as well.

I too prefer to listen to Steve the way RickC does...glad I am not alone there!

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:08 pm

For those who like the video format:
I've noticed (while looking for the Zeitgeist lecture, which isn't posted yet), the digital ministries site has new DVD's for download -
Biblical Salvation, 1 Thessalonians, (older ones I think) and some from the Christian Counter-culture series (?from yr 2000).
Suzana

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:21 pm

I prefer to listen most of the time, too, since I listen mostly by iPod as I'm driving or walking across our technology campus throughout the days. But, I find that the only way to engage others sometimes if for example you want to have a small group hear and discuss a topic is by having a video in a living room or something. Folks rarely listen on their own and feel uncomfortable sitting to listen to audio with others for some reason.

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”