Home Correspondance Course

_Allyn

Home Correspondance Course

Post by _Allyn » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:39 pm

I looked through the many topics on the "Teachers, Authors and Movements" board and did not find anything that might relate so I will post this new thread. I am wondering if someday in the near future there might be available an at home course on the very same things that Steve teaches. I think this would be great but I suppose it would take some bucks to get it going. At any rate, I would love it.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:56 pm

You know, Allyn, the tape download and verse by verse teaching pages are my 'at-home' study. Are you wishing for study notes and quizzes and stuff like that? Hmm... I never thought about wanting those. What I have thought about is that it would be nice if a group went through a subject together and after listening to the tapes came on here once a week, or whatever, for discussion.
Reason:

_Allyn

Post by _Allyn » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:08 pm

Hi Michelle,
I like that idea.
What I have thought about is that it would be nice if a group went through a subject together and after listening to the tapes came on here once a week, or whatever, for discussion.
As I write this I am listening to one of the selections. I am the kind of person who needs repetitive instruction in order to retain it. At least when it comes to things like this. I have been a saved believer for over 40 years and have a good knowledge in Scripture that teaches giving encouragement to one another and spiritual growth. In fact I have had an online ministry for about 3 years now that involves a daily devotional with verse, thought and prayer. But when it comes to Steves teaching, it doesn't come as naturally.
Anyway, I like your idea. Maybe there will be some other input.
Reason:

_Christopher

Post by _Christopher » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:39 pm

Allyn,

I find it very fruitful to try to outline the lectures as I'm listening to them. It takes about twice as long because you have to pause the audio a lot to write down a point. But, the end result is that I have notes I can refer to quickly instead of having to listen to the lectures all over again if I miss something or can't remember something. I have outlines that are more than 100 pages long on some of the series.

Anyway, it has helped me immensely.
Reason:
"If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:31-32

_Allyn

Post by _Allyn » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:17 pm

One of the things I have been doing is write down every Scripture reference given by Steve and the time on the counter when it was given. Then I have been tracing back to those references when I study out of my bible or from the BibleGateway Bible on line. I am a webmaster and so I have also made a couple of web pages with clickable Scripture links. It works pretty cool and so I thought I would seek permission from Steve to mirror some of the more noteable lectures within my website. (actually right now I do have one series online).
Reason:

_Les Wright

Post by _Les Wright » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:28 pm

Hi,

I think Michelle has a great idea.. because if you're anything like me, it is easy to get side tracked if you're busy

Les
Reason:

_John

Post by _John » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:56 am

Take a look at http://moodle.org/ . This is an elearning tool to facilitate what you are suggesting. Knowing how much Steve loves to administer things like this, it would probably require someone with the necessary initiative to organize the content, schedule and participants. If there is interest I can install it, but someone would have to agree to be the facilitator. A forum, like FBF Bible forum, is, interestingly, one of the aspects of the Moodle software. So, we have one part of the elearning tool going already.
Reason:
Grace and peace in Christ,
John

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." Rom 8:14

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”