BIC

_Les Wright

BIC

Post by _Les Wright » Tue May 16, 2006 7:16 pm

Hi,

I've been doing some research on the Brethern In Christ, or trying to, but I can't find awhole lot about them on the net except here:

http://www.bic-church.org/about/default.asp

Anybody have more info on their doctrine/etc?

Tx
Les
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Ely

Post by _Ely » Fri May 19, 2006 11:33 am

I don't know if this one is of relevance?

http://www.brfwitness.org/index.htm
Reason:
"Looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour, Christ Jesus" Titus 2:13
www.lasttrumpet.com
www.pfrs.org

_Derek

Post by _Derek » Fri May 19, 2006 11:08 pm

Hey brother,
I attended a BIC church for over a year. The denomination is pretty solid. Thier heritage is a mix between Wesley and Mennonite/Anabaptists (no head coverings however). If you go to their website, it is pretty informative.

http://www.bic-church.org/

Here's their mission organization. http://www.bic-church.org/wm/index.html

At the first link you should be able to find most everything. They really don't take a stand on eschatology aside from believing that Jesus will return. There should be a link on there for "issues" that talks about their stand on abortion, homosexuality, gambling, freemasonry, etc. They are very solid on all this stuff.

God bless,
Derek

P.S. I just went to the link you posted and if you go to "values and beliefs" and then scroll to the bottom of the page there is a link titled "what we believe" that has some more stuff.
Reason:
Derek

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
Psalm 20:7

_JD

Post by _JD » Sat May 20, 2006 1:41 am

Guys,

Thanks for the links. I'm really interested in this group of believers. I really do appreciate it, thanks again!

JD
Reason:
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

_Les Wright

Post by _Les Wright » Tue May 23, 2006 8:35 pm

Hi Derek,

Can you confirm whether the link posted by Ely is of the same group?

Do they have an official position on women in leadership, the gifts of the spirit, or healing in the atonement?

Where would you place the denomination on the conservative to liberal spectrum?

Tx
Les
Reason:

_Derek

Post by _Derek » Tue May 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Hey brother,
No, this isn't the same group.

I am not sure what their position on women in leadership is. The one I attended didn't had a man pastor and I am not aware of them having any women pastors or bishops, etc..

They believe the gifts are for today.

They do not, as far as I know, believe that there is healing (physical) in the atonement. They <b>do</b> believe in divine healing for sure.

They are conservitive. 8 out of 10 I suppose if I had to put them on a scale.

If you go to the "what we believe" section mentioned in the post script on my above post, you should be able to see a lot of their positions on social issues as well as spiritual.

Hope this helps.
God bless you ,
Derek
Reason:
Derek

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

_Les Wright

Post by _Les Wright » Tue May 23, 2006 9:16 pm

Hi Derek,
I am not sure what their position on women in leadership is. The one I attended didn't had a man pastor and I am not aware of them having any women pastors or bishops, etc..
Sorry.. are you saying that there was no pastor at all, or??

I plan on attending one that is nearby to check it out.

Can I ask why you aren't involved with the BIC now?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Tx
Les
Reason:

_Derek

Post by _Derek » Tue May 23, 2006 9:30 pm

Hey Les,

There was a pastor. He was a male. As to why I left, it has something to do with the pastor. Our pastor moved on to PA to minister there so we were left without a pastor for some months. As a result, the church kind of became frankly, lukewarm. Everyone seemed to think we could have no direction without a pastor as if we serve him and not HIM.

The people at this fellowship love each other and look out for one another very much, but they didn't seem to want to "get their hands dirty" and do some work for God. But I still had some wonderful times there.

I still love these folks very very much, but I just decided to move on. This should not in anyway be taken as an example of the denomination as a whole. They seem to have many sold out, on fire fellowships.

I started attending a home fellowship about a year ago and that type of thing suits me a lot better.

If you are looking for a church to attend, I would recommend BIC for sure. Go for it.

Good luck,
Derek
Reason:
Derek

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”