Looking for audio from show

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
_darin-houston

Looking for audio from show

Post by _darin-houston » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:06 pm

A while back Steve responded to a question about home schooling and evangelism (whether you should send your kids in to evangelize public schools as lambs to the slaughter).

I'd like to send his response to someone and can't remember when it aired. Does anyone have this snippet by chance? (I checked audiodoctrine.com).

This is when a searchable summary of each show's callers and topics would be nice.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Sean

Post by _Sean » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:55 am

Try the show from November 5, 2007.
You can download it here: TNP071105H
Then skip to 22:30-ish. It runs till about ~30:15. It may not be the exact one you are talking about but Steve does address the topic there.

(I had to look up Rick's topic on 'how to post a link') 8)
Reason:
By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. (John 13:35)

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:39 pm

Sean,

I have no idea how you did that....
(I've never linked to audio and don't know how, but would like to know, if you wouldn't mind. PM me or post it some place? if you have time).

Why I've never done this is due to my sensitivity on "netiquette" stuff; I've always posted the page they can go to to download it (so they can see what they're getting in advance and decide if it is safe, etc.).

Btw, some people won't load stuff when they are linked to like how you did. I have, when I knew the link and/or the person who gave it are safe. I'm sure yours was safe because I recognized it as one of Steve's.

Another reason I've always given the page instead of just the link---not that I know how---is so they can put their own name to it (I name all of my downloads because, otherwise, I might forget who it is by and what the topic is, and so on)!
For example, I might have:
NTW_Romans_Day1.mp3
(Lecture One of N.T. Wright's "Romans in a Day" lectures)....

Anyways,
Rick
Last edited by _Rich on Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

_darin-houston

Post by _darin-houston » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:56 pm

I've meant to respond to his post, too. I, too, wonder how he did that -- either he has a great memory or keeps an index, or that particular caller struck him, too.

Anyway, thanks -- it was exactly what I was looking for.

Darin
Reason:

_Sean

Post by _Sean » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:06 am

Rick_C wrote:Sean,

I have no idea how you did that....
(I've never linked to audio and don't know how, but would like to know, if you wouldn't mind. PM me or post it some place? if you have time).

Why I've never done this is due to my sensitivity on "netiquette" stuff; I've always posted the page they can go to to download it (so they can see what they're getting in advance and decide if it is safe, etc.).

Btw, some people won't load stuff when they are linked to like how you did. I have, when I knew the link and/or the person who gave it are safe. I'm sure yours was safe because I recognized it as one of Steve's.

Another reason I've always given the page instead of just the link---not that I know how---is so they can put their own name to it (I name all of my downloads because, otherwise, I might forget who it is by and what the topic is, and so on)!
For example, I might have:
NTW_Romans_Day1.mp3
(Lecture One of N.T. Wright's "Romans in a Day" lectures)....

Anyways,
Rick
I just posted a link per your thread on the subject. I got the link from Steve's radio archives page and the link name is unaltered. Having been on internet forums for many years I've always tried to make it easy for the person seeking information, so a direct link to Steve's was the best way I could fulfill: "do unto others as I would like them to do unto me". :)
darin-houston wrote:I've meant to respond to his post, too. I, too, wonder how he did that -- either he has a great memory or keeps an index, or that particular caller struck him, too.

Anyway, thanks -- it was exactly what I was looking for.

Darin
I just happened to have this episode saved for the same reason you were looking for it, Steve's answer is good and informative and since we homeschool, we sometimes get people asking the same questions.
Reason:
By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. (John 13:35)

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:49 am

Oh, okay, Sean. A regular ol' url link. Thanks, :wink:
Last edited by _Rich on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

Return to “Radio Program Topics”