The Body of Christ: " If your a hand then serve"

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
Bud

Re: The Body of Christ: " If your a hand then serve"

Post by Bud » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:28 pm

Thanks for your reply jriccitelli, You said you didn't mean deliverance ministries, but this,
find a network of people with a similar difficulty and join or see what they can do to serve God.
I will keep the above in mind, thank you.Where I thought deliverance ministries might have been included was here, 
 I think 'works’, building and ‘helps’ ministries are way over rated and endorsed, often too un-relational and un-effective as far as productive eternal results and the Gospel is concerned.
I never thought you were suggesting I go to a deliverance ministrie, I was, I thought, agreeing with your statement and presenting an example.I am doing well. God bless
Malachi 3:16 Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard [it,] and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who esteem His name. (NASB) :)

Michelle

Re: The Body of Christ: " If you're a hand then serve"

Post by Michelle » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:59 am

Bud, I hope you've had a good week serving the Lord. I've been praying for you.

jrricetelli, thanks for your reply and your description of a misguided ministry. I gather from your response that you don't disparage all activities that seek to help others out of love, just those that are deemed unproductive and those that are overly concerned with those outside the church without considering those within the household of faith. Do I have that correct?
I think any form of helping someone is 'good' (yet not always productive), God asks us to hear Him and find 'His' will, not just do something, or 'anything'. Too often a church starts a help program or outreach and it serves the community in some purpose, but so does welfare and SSI. The rather impersonal program is not what I see in scripture. My church did the hand out sandwich ministries and highway clean up ministries etc. while people ‘in the Church’ actually had single parent families with great needs, and or worse. Too often I have seen the pastor endorsing drives to get new members, and trying to meet needs of non-members while current members have real needs. Seems like some pastors are just trying to add members (not necessarily making converts) rather than really helping people personally.

Bud

Re: The Body of Christ: " If your a hand then serve"

Post by Bud » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi Michelle, you said,

Bud, I hope you've had a good week serving the Lord. I've been praying for you.

Thank you so much. I like how Hank Hanegraaff used to say, when I tuned in, "Prayer is like firing the winning shot".

Been helping the landlord extra (there's a storm here) and an old friend needs some help.Thank you again.

May you be blessed from Him who is everything to us all,
Bud
Malachi 3:16 Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard [it,] and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who esteem His name. (NASB) :)

Return to “Radio Program Topics”