old forum posts

Post Problems, Suggestions, or Comments about the New Forum.
jarrod

old forum posts

Post by jarrod » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:28 am

Ok guys (and gals)... we've migrated the posts from the old forum into the new forum. since we setup this forum before receiving the old database, i've prefixed the old usernames with '_' to prevent conflicts. I should be able to easily migrate the old posts to your new username if you would like. i.e. change all the _Steve posts to reference the new Steve user.

More to come!

RickC

Re: old forum posts

Post by RickC » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:45 pm

Hello Jarrod

I was wondering what was going on with, like, my old nick @ _Rick_C_, etc., {???}....

It didn't really matter to me if posts from the old forum were brought here; I liked the idea of a "fresh start." Actually, some of my old posts I'd rather have Left Behind...but it's too late for that, I suppose.

I could just keep posting here with my new nick and let my old _Rick_C_ pass off into the archives. Anyways....

Also, my avatar from the old forum wouldn't fit in here so I got a new one. It's disappeared....

Not to complicate things further but...I now have two profiles...and prefer one: the one I have now {new forum}. Can you fix this? Or should I go to the old forum and change everything in my old profile to match my new one? I can do that if need be. The avatar could be an issue...I don't know.

Thanks & Take Care! :)

RickC

Post by RickC » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:01 pm

P.S. Jarrod

I edited the above post and thought I'd better post another one so you'll get what I changed.

Actually, I'd rather just let my old nick "pass away."
And prefer that my old posts say with "him."
{I have old threads I liked bookmarked for future reference}.

Please don't import my old posts into my new nick, if this isn't a problem, thanks, ;)

You can leave my old nick posts here since, well, they're there....
If someone posts to my old nick I'm not sure how that will work: I use the same email address for both nicks/forums. 'Don't know if this will be problematic....

The avatar thing is my only issue. If I need to fix fix it myself, let me know.
Thanks again, :)

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:39 pm

Ok, RickC brought up some good points on the chat channel.

The usernames prefixed with '_' were not transferred with the intentions of being used. They are ONLY there so that we can display the posts from the old forum. Please do not login or send a private message to any users with a _ before their username.

Hope that makes sense.

TK

Post by TK » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:41 am

thanks for all the hard work on this. it's great to see the old posts over here now!

TK

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:21 am

Yes, thanks -- for the record, I'm happy to have _darin-houston posts merged with the darinhouston ones on this forum.

RickC

Post by RickC » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:14 pm

Jarrod...I hope you see this....

I clicked my old _Rick_C_ profile and found:
Last visited:
Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:09 am
Total posts:
146 | Search user’s posts
(8.87% of all posts / 0.14 posts per day)
Most active forum:
Miscellaneous
(264 Posts / 180.82% of user’s posts)
Re: Last visited:
I visited there yesterday and changed the info on my old profile, basically saying, "I'm not active here any more and post on the new forum as RickC," giving a link to this new forum homepage. However, my old profile {accessed from here} isn't changed.

Re: Total posts:
My total posts {before the crash} are 1,100+. I forget the exact number. The 146 must be post-crash posts, right?

Re: Most active forum: Miscellaneous
264 is higher than 146, so this has to be a before-the-crash figure.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sure you're aware of these technicalities.

At any rate, if you were only going to import post-crash-posts {146 in my case, I think?}, you can go ahead and do it. I'm mixed up about this... :? ... but thanks for the IRC yack, anyhow, :lol: ....

As long as it won't wreck or change my new profile or my TNP Ministries Forum stuff {I'm still not sure why my avatar got lost yesterday...which took 45 minutes to recreate, :shock: }...you may import my posts, however many there are {???} ... :D :?: :lol:

My old threads/topics aren't being posted about, afaik, and I'm getting email notification on the ones I'm active on. So to end the confusion and settle the matter {I'm not much of a computer geek}, please import my old posts @

The End

Thanks, Jarrod, :)

RickC

Post by RickC » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:36 pm

P.S., Jarrod...maybe I should have PMd you on this stuff but....

Is the old forum going to be fully shut down?

I ask because I still reference it & sometimes log in to copy & paste stuff.

Thanks, :)

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:20 pm

By the way, Rick -- I love your signature lines, and borrow them sometimes for my emails.

RickC

Post by RickC » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:32 pm

Darin, thanks...{so do I}, ;)

I saw this one today on Nick Norelli's blog {Troy posts on there too}:
“When I have a little money, I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.”
— Erasmus

I used to be like that...when I had the money....
{but turned all my credit cards into guitar picks}, 8-)

Return to “New Forum”