old forum posts

Post Problems, Suggestions, or Comments about the New Forum.
dolphin

Re: old forum posts

Post by dolphin » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:40 am

I have noticed that the old posts that vanished after the crash are now back on the new forum too. For example dmatic's posts in "Sabbath Observance: 3 Views" are now readable.

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:09 am

Thanks, Jarrod, for working so hard on this!

My old posts reappeared! They are under username _id_983, which works, I guess, but is there any way to change that username to _MichelleM?

_id_983 creeps me out a little. :mrgreen:

TK

Post by TK » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:33 pm

dolphin wrote:I have noticed that the old posts that vanished after the crash are now back on the new forum too. For example dmatic's posts in "Sabbath Observance: 3 Views" are now readable.

that's weird. but i am glad they are back. everybody was responding to dmatic but there was no dmatic to be found.

TK

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:06 pm

dolphin wrote:I have noticed that the old posts that vanished after the crash are now back on the new forum too...
Hey, thanks Jarrod (& whoever else was involved) for the successful recovery, I suspect it might have taken some doing…

I am now AKA_2481, but don’t really mind whether I become amalgamated or not.

Hey, I’ve just had a thought – I wonder if someone’s running around here tagged id_666 ??? – hope they’re not dispensational!
Michelle, wouldn't that really creep you out! I'm glad it's not me, tho' I'm not superstitious. :lol:
Suzana

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:19 pm

Suzana wrote: Michelle, wouldn't that really creep you out! I'm glad it's not me, tho' I'm not superstitious. :lol:
:shock: Yep, that would be more creepy. Actually _id_983 is kind of growing on me. :D

mikew

Post by mikew » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:03 pm

The fake member ids seems to have covered up the normal viewing of the actual members.

If you look up names by starting letter, the actual members can be viewed.

Another problem is that the member count is showing at 98 but there were about 80 or 90 users before the fake member ids were added.
Please visit my youtube channel -- http://youtube.com/@thebibledialogues
Also visit parablesofthemysteries.com

RickC

Post by RickC » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:39 pm

Hey folks,

I got a PM from Jarrod who assures me he's working on stuff...and that he's pretty busy with some other stuff right now.

Recommend: "Hurry up & wait!" ;)
{spoken like a True-Blue U.S. Navy Vet}, 8-)

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:56 pm

jarrod wrote: The usernames prefixed with '_' were not transferred with the intentions of being used. They are ONLY there so that we can display the posts from the old forum. Please do not login or send a private message to any users with a _ before their username.
Hi Jarrod, (or anyone else that knows)

Are we allowed to continue & post to these old threads (using our new registrations), or are they strictly for reference only?

thanks,
Sue
(Feeling a bit dim).
Suzana

RickC

Post by RickC » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:46 am

Suzana,

Yes, we can post to them.

I just bumped an old forum thread I like(d):
http://theos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... a&start=10

N.T. Wright's quotes {excerpts I posted from a lecture} on page one are awesome, imo!

G'day, M8, :)

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:57 am

Rick,

thanks, mate!
I didn't want to experiment & be responsible for something dire happening. :shock:
Suzana

Return to “New Forum”