Question

Post Problems, Suggestions, or Comments about the New Forum.
TheEditor

Question

Post by TheEditor » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:31 pm

Greetings,

I have a question about posting. When I am in the window and composing a post (usually I compose offline and then cut and paste) I find that the window likes to "jump" alot. I can't seem to highlight so that I can underline or italicise as the window box wants to select added text, etc. Anyone else having trouble with posting?

Regards, Brenden.
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

Allyn

Re: Question

Post by Allyn » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:35 pm

TheEditor wrote:Greetings,

I have a question about posting. When I am in the window and composing a post (usually I compose offline and then cut and paste) I find that the window likes to "jump" alot. I can't seem to highlight so that I can underline or italicise as the window box wants to select added text, etc. Anyone else having trouble with posting?

Regards, Brenden.
It does that with me as well. There is another forum I go to that used to do the same thing and I believe it had to be corrected with a new download to the forum server, but I'm not sure.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:42 pm

Yes , i click the down arrow outside the window and it seems to stabalize it for awhile though sometimes i have to do it again.

look2jesus

Post by look2jesus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:32 pm

I have the same problem as you all seem to be having. I thought it was my computer that had the issue. I notice that it happens as soon as the normal window for posting fills up, and then it starts jumping around, making it almost impossible to edit anything else that you might want to.

l2j
And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowlege and discernment...Philippians 1:9 ESV

Joan

Post by Joan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:57 am

Me too, and I thought it was MY computer. Hmmm...

Joan

Post by Joan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:05 pm

I have a question, also. It seems the October TNP radio broadcasts have not yet been uploaded. I've missed most of the programming in real time, and keep checking back but so far, I think the October programming is from last year - at least, so the dates indicate. I almost wish that when Steve opens the programs he would state the date but there might be a reason why he doesn't. Methinks the person in charge of uploading the programs could be on vacation & will get to it soon, but maybe it is only that the dates haven't been changed. Is there a way to know for sure?
Joan

Allyn

Post by Allyn » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:45 pm

This kind of board is equipped with a "go advanced" feature on CARM. That took care of the problem over there. I wonder if that could be done here?

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:47 pm

Joan wrote:I have a question, also. It seems the October TNP radio broadcasts have not yet been uploaded. I've missed most of the programming in real time, and keep checking back but so far, I think the October programming is from last year - at least, so the dates indicate. I almost wish that when Steve opens the programs he would state the date but there might be a reason why he doesn't. Methinks the person in charge of uploading the programs could be on vacation & will get to it soon, but maybe it is only that the dates haven't been changed. Is there a way to know for sure?
Joan
Hi Joan,

I think you must be downloading from http://thenarrowpath.com/ - there are two different sites that have the radio archives, & they are currently up to date:

http://tnp.theeggbeater.net/
http://theos.org/media/section/19/

p.s.
everyone,
I haven't had any issues of posting windows misbehaving so far... :)
Suzana

Joan

Post by Joan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:26 pm

Suzanne, I was going through The Narrow Path, not Theos or The Egg Beater, as you guessed. I'd completely forgotten the other options. Thanks! Joan

look2jesus

Post by look2jesus » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:03 am

Suzana wrote:p.s. everyone, I haven't had any issues of posting windows misbehaving so far... :)
Sure, Suzana...Rub it in why don't you! :D

l2j
And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowlege and discernment...Philippians 1:9 ESV

Return to “New Forum”