views of hell

Post Problems, Suggestions, or Comments about the New Forum.
Andre

views of hell

Post by Andre » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:38 am

so i just finished listening to that teaching of yours... thank you for that and you're not my favorite person right now lol

RICHinCHRIST

Re: views of hell

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi Andre,

After I listened to Steve's teaching I felt very similar to you. However, I think there is a scriptural basis for our uncertainty about the judgment of unbelievers. Even the apostle Peter left the question open-ended in his first epistle:

For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? Now

“ If the righteous one is scarcely saved,
Where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?”
- 1 Peter 4:17-18

Peter quotes Proverbs 11 and leaves the question of the unbeliever's judgment unanswered. This could be because his train of thought was firmly planted on believers experiencing suffering, and he didn't want to go off course. Perhaps he felt the question was not needed to be answered for the audience he was writing to. But I can't help but wonder why he chose to quote an obscure proverb instead of a psalm, or even Isaiah 66 which is quoted by Jesus in reference to Gehenna.

Return to “New Forum”