The Pre-existence of Jesus

Post Problems, Suggestions, or Comments about the New Forum.
Paidion

Re: The Pre-existence of Jesus

Post by Paidion » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:06 am

Dwight you wrote:Paul said, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
No. Paul didn't write that. I have often heard others misquote Paul in that way. Rather Paul wrote:

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. (2Co 5:8)

I understand this to mean, we would rather be absent from this present mortal body, and to be present with the Lord with the immortal resurrection body.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

dwight92070

Re: The Pre-existence of Jesus

Post by dwight92070 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:15 pm

Paidion wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:06 am
Dwight you wrote:Paul said, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
No. Paul didn't write that. I have often heard others misquote Paul in that way. Rather Paul wrote:

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. (2Co 5:8)

I understand this to mean, we would rather be absent from this present mortal body, and to be present with the Lord with the immortal resurrection body.
Dwight - You're free to understand it that way, but "with the immortal resurrection body" has to be assumed to do that. My understanding is that "to be present with the Lord" occurs at the same time as we are "absent from the body."

Dwight - So what do you do with "This day you shall be with Me in paradise"? The SAME DAY that Jesus and the thief died, they were together in another realm - they were NOT DEAD.

Return to “New Forum”