Another reason for me to hate Christmas!

RND

Another reason for me to hate Christmas!

Post by RND » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:28 pm

Another reason for me to hate Christmas! :D

I've never been a "big fan" of Christmas. Not so much because of it's obvious pagan origins (I dislike Easter more for those reasons) but because I used to work in the retail industry for so many years. Now, I'm landscape designer that never works!

Anyway......so yesterday I'm on the ladder taking down the Christmas lights at my wife's house (yes, we're married and live in separate residences...long story) and the ladder starts to move as I reach back to grab one of the light hooks and as I begin to try to steady the ladder it begins to wobble even more! Figuring the next things that's gonna happen is the ladder is going to fall with me on it, I decide to jump!

Anyway, to make a long story short, I didn't fall as gracefully as I hoped I would nor did I unload the collection of light hooks I had stored-up in my right hand so when when I fell and rolled forward I landed awkwardly on my right wrist. Ouch! And sure enough, I broke my wrist! Not a serious brake though, no displacement, straight across the bone - so no surgery needed! For that I'm thankful. Wife's homeowners policy should take care of that, so there's that to be thankful for as well. And I didn't break my leg, other bones, or break any teeth, or my nose, so there is that to be thankful for as well!

However, I think it would have been better to land on my head....might'a knocked some sense in me, and that would have definitely been something to be thankful for! :D
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

You Are Israel
Sabbath Truth
Heavenly Sanctuary

Michelle

Re: Another reason for me to hate Christmas!

Post by Michelle » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:44 pm

Ouch, RND! I'm glad you have retained your sense of humor about it all. :) I'll certainly pray for a speedy recovery. Is your injury going to cause you to curtail your work schedule at all?

Homer

Post by Homer » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:02 pm

RND (&everyone),

You wrote:
Figuring the next things that's gonna happen is the ladder is going to fall with me on it, I decide to jump!
This was probably a mistake! I realize it is counterintuitive, but it is usually safest to ride a falling ladder down. The reason being the ladder will fall in an arc, thus the speed at which you land is less, whereas if you jump off you go straight down and land at maximum speed.

Hoping you heal quickly!

God bless, Homer

RND

Post by RND » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:51 am

Michelle wrote:Ouch, RND! I'm glad you have retained your sense of humor about it all. :) I'll certainly pray for a speedy recovery. Is your injury going to cause you to curtail your work schedule at all?
Thanks Michelle for your prayers and kind words, I appreciate it very much! Fortunately I just finished the project management on a job just a few week before so nothing got interrupted! However, I'm in between clients right now so I could still use a couple of clients right now. My drawing hand is the one effected but I do a lot of design on the computer so that helps. If you can, throw in an extra prayer for more work!It's interesting really Michelle but I have a great deal of confidence that something good will come out of this. :D
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

You Are Israel
Sabbath Truth
Heavenly Sanctuary

RND

Post by RND » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:54 am

Homer wrote:RND (&everyone),

You wrote:
Figuring the next things that's gonna happen is the ladder is going to fall with me on it, I decide to jump!
This was probably a mistake! I realize it is counterintuitive, but it is usually safest to ride a falling ladder down. The reason being the ladder will fall in an arc, thus the speed at which you land is less, whereas if you jump off you go straight down and land at maximum speed.

Hoping you heal quickly!

God bless, Homer
Why weren't you there to catch me Homer?!It's all your fault! :D Thanks for your kind words.

You Are Israel
Sabbath Truth
Heavenly Sanctuary

TK

Post by TK » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:53 pm

RND wrote:
Wife's homeowners policy should take care of that, so there's that to be thankful for as well.
sorry to hear about your fall. i must say i am no fan of being up on high ladders because i am always thinking of exactly what you described. thank God it was no worse than it was!

in regard to your wife's homeowner insurance, I am in the business and most homeowners policies have a medical payments provision that will cover medical expsenses if someone is injured on the property, regardless of whose fault it is. The only problem is that this coverage usually has low limits, generally $1000. This might cover most of your medical expenses, but perhaps not all. I dont think her liability coverage would come into play here. the fact that you are married MAY come into play as well, because the medical payments coverage generally doesnt apply to family members - however if you are not actually residing there, this may be a loophole.

Good luck!

TK

RND

Post by RND » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:06 pm

TK wrote:RND wrote:
Wife's homeowners policy should take care of that, so there's that to be thankful for as well.
sorry to hear about your fall. i must say i am no fan of being up on high ladders because i am always thinking of exactly what you described. thank God it was no worse than it was!

in regard to your wife's homeowner insurance, I am in the business and most homeowners policies have a medical payments provision that will cover medical expsenses if someone is injured on the property, regardless of whose fault it is. The only problem is that this coverage usually has low limits, generally $1000. This might cover most of your medical expenses, but perhaps not all. I dont think her liability coverage would come into play here. the fact that you are married MAY come into play as well, because the medical payments coverage generally doesnt apply to family members - however if you are not actually residing there, this may be a loophole.

Good luck!

TK
Hey TK, thanks for the info, I appreciate it very much! Initially I just thought my wrist might have been sprained real bad, but as it began to swell-up my wife said I should have it looked at. She called her agent, checked the policy and then called the policy holders number and explained what happened, and our circumstances. The insurer gave us a claim number in advance that the staff at the hospital took so we're OK it appears.

God was definitely on our side!

You Are Israel
Sabbath Truth
Heavenly Sanctuary

Return to “General”