steve???

lee

steve???

Post by lee » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:04 pm

do you still teach at the school you founded, or anywhere else?

steve

Re: steve???

Post by steve » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:23 pm

I teach in many places, but not currently in a school of my own. My teaching is generally in the following venues:

1. Weekly Bible studies on Mondays (in Salinas) and Tuesdays (in Santa Cruz), on 1 Peter and Luke, respectively;

2. Monthly (ideally...sometimes less frequent) open Bible discussions in regions where sufficient interest exists: Santa Cruz, Salinas, Orange County—and, less frequently, in Oregon and Las Vegas;

3. Occasional teaching or Bible discussion weekends in homes of listeners around the country (e.g., Texas, Missouri, Georgia, New York);

4. Fairly frequent trips to other places (sometimes other countries) teaching in YWAM schools;

5. Daily on the radio broadcast.

Though I have not directed a school of my own for the past ten years, I regularly consider doing so again, if the facilities in a suitable location were to turn up. I have a number of people who have expressed interest in staffing such a school. I wrote something about my thoughts on this at the following link:

http://www.theos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2573

lee

Post by lee » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:34 am

So what happened to the school in Oregon that I always hear about on your MP3's? Did it disband? Do you live in California now? Just curious.

steve

Post by steve » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:01 am

The school in Oregon ran for 16 years. It depended heavily upon my presence to operate. By the late 90s, I was doing lots of traveling, and had started the radio program. My family was also needing more of my attention. The school had a couple of years of pretty low enrollment, and I decided my time would be better spent in other ministry, so I closed the school down, in 1999. I have never had regrets about this decision, though I d consider, as I mentioned, teaching another school in the future.

We moved to Idaho to accept an invitation from some Christian friends there to minister among them, and we lived there until about a year after my marriage broke up. We now live in California, my native state.

lee

Post by lee » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:21 pm

Are all of the mp3's from the school in Oregon?

Return to “General”