House Churches

IsaacJ

House Churches

Post by IsaacJ » Sat May 15, 2010 2:39 pm

I just finished reading 'The House Church Book" by Wolfgang Simson...also been listening a second time through Steve G's lectures 'Some Assembly Required.' My wife and I are feeling led to go do ministry in Europe (she was born and raised there.) Trying to spend lots of time praying and studying on what the Lord wants to do and the most biblical way to go about things.

Anyone on here part of a house church right now? I'd love to hear any thoughts on this book, or things the Lord's taught you on this subject, or specific things you'd recommend for study in the word and other resources.

For the most part, I'm really becoming convinced that churches in homes tend to be a stronger way to go about things. In the book, Simson talks about churches forking out to plant another fellowship after you hit about 20 people...there's an elder serving each fellowship but then people with the 5-fold gifts mentioned in Ephesians 4 cycling through the fellowships. Since I've grown up in fairly large congregational churches all my life this is all new to me, but also seems to line up with how the word has been shaping my mind.

Again, would love to hear what you guys have to say on this book and subject.

jwbp

Re: House Churches

Post by jwbp » Sun May 16, 2010 3:41 pm

Hello,
I took a school of frontier missions when I was attending YWAM and it was there they thought us to church plant house churches. We had a guy named George Patterson teach us. He has a web site that it really good for this subject. It is http://www.mentorandmultiply.com, if you want to check it out. My family was attending a house church, but have not for some weeks now. I normally like house churches, and I haven't really planted a church, but it was very eye opening to learn these things and I think brought me closer to a better knowlegde of God. Anyways, hope this helps.----jwbp

IsaacJ

Re: House Churches

Post by IsaacJ » Sun May 16, 2010 9:43 pm

Thanks for the website, I'll go give it a look.

Return to “General”