Bible Question?

paulespino

Re: Bible Question?

Post by paulespino » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:23 pm

6you1 will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.”
The Holy Bible : Today's New International Version. Grand Rapids, MI : Zondervan, 2005, S. Ex 19:5-6

Can God be alluding to the future? Can he be referring to people who are saved through Christ when he said kingdom of priests?

He probably telling the Israelites that if they continue being faithful then all of them will become priest through Christ.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:01 pm

John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne, and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. Revelation 1:4 ESV

It seems to me, Paul, that John, in writing to the seven churches, is saying that Jesus had already made the disciples in those churches a kingdom of priests. They no longer needed a system of priests, as in the first covenant, in order to approach God. Through Christ they could approach God directly.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

paulespino

Post by paulespino » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:09 pm

Hi Paidion,

5Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, 6you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.”
The Holy Bible : Today's New International Version. Grand Rapids, MI : Zondervan, 2005, S. Ex 19:5-6

The way I understand the phrase "Kingdom of Priests" is that it means that the kingdom is consists of Priests
which means that 100% of the Priests occupies the Kingdom and this is only possible through the Church.
"Holy Nation" can be referring to the Church. This was the original plan of God that the Jews will be saved first but they rejected it that is why it was offered to the gentiles.

Do you think Exodus 19:5-6 is a prophecy which is referring to the salvation that Christ will provide?

Can God be telling the Israelites that if they remain faithful they will become a Kingdom of Priests through Christ.

paulespino

Post by paulespino » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:36 pm

I need help!

What is the significance of the 7 dispensations with the Dispensationalist Eschatology.

Or What is the relation of the 7 dispensations with their Eschatology.

Thanks

paulespino

Post by paulespino » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:13 pm

Genesis 1:28
28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that 8moves on the earth.”

I have been wondering why they never had children during the time they were in the Garden of Eden

Don't you think that this is a violation of God's command that they should be fruitful and multiply during the time they were in the Garden of Eden?

steve

Post by steve » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:16 am

My impression (though not something definitely stated in the text) is that they sinned and were expelled from Eden very early after their creation, and did not live long enough in Eden even to become pregnant.

paulespino

Post by paulespino » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:01 pm

Thanks for the reply Steve,

I was thinking of that as well but my other idea is that even if it took long for them to follow God's command to be fruitful and multiply they still won't sin because during at that time they still don't know the difference between bad and evil or right and wrong therefore they don't know that disobedience is a sin
during that time.

Actually I think eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil is not a sin it only becomes a sin because after eating it they learned that it was a disobedience and therefore it becomes a sin.

When God saw that Adam and Eve had eaten the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil and God decided to give them another chance by not
allowing them to gain the knowledge of good and evil. Adam and Eve will still be sinless.

It is the knowledge of good and evil that made them sin and not the act of eating the forbidden fruit.

Adam and Eve can disobey God as much as they want but if they do not know that it was a disobedience because God did not tell them or did not punish them then it will not be consider a sin.

paulespino

Post by paulespino » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:50 am

If a couple ( husband and wife ) has been sleeping together for 10 years on the same bed without physically hurting each other but after 10 years the wife has gained 160 lbs

that made her weight 300 lbs and one night the wife unknowingly rolled over her husband while both of them were asleep causing her body to cover her husband's mouth and

crash her husband's body which lead to her husband's death.

Do you think the wife will be guilty of murder,manslaughter or crime?

I don't think so because the wife did not know what happened. So I conclude that in this situation that although it was the action of the wife that killed her husband the wife is

still not guilty because she did not know what happened and there were no warnings or precaution that was given to them, they were not informed that this type of event

might happened.

paulespino

Post by paulespino » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:46 am

Leviticus 5:15 When a person commits a violation and sins unintentionally in regard to any of the Lord’s holy things, he is to bring to the Lord as a penalty a ram from the flock, one without defect and of the proper value in silver, according to the sanctuary shekel. It is a guilt offering.

She might not be guilty of crime base on human law but according to Leviticus she committed sin unintentionally and therefore it is still a sin.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:14 pm

Yes, as is so often said, "Ignorance of the law is no excuse".

There is an interesting noun in Greek — περιπτωμα. It is derived from the verb παραπιπτω. The prefix παρα when followed by a dative or accusative, means "by the side of" or "beside". The root word πιπτω means to fall. So the word παραπιπτω means "to fall beside", and the nominative form περιπτωμα means "a falling beside". If you fall beside something, you make a side-slip, a false step, a blunder. It is not something you do intentionally. The NAS concordance translates the word as "a false step". Strongs renders it as "a side-slip", and Abbott Smith's Greek Lexicon of the New Testament renders it as "a false step, a blunder". With this in mind, I have quoted all instances in the New Testament of περιπτωμα, and it is obvious that these blunders, though unintentional, need forgiveness. I have quoted the NKJV, but have replaced every occurence of περιπτωμα with "blunder". The NKJV rendered the word either as "trespass" or "offense".

Matthew 6:14 "for if you forgive men their blunders, your heavenly father will also forgive you.
Matthew 6:15 "but if you do not forgive men their blunders, neither will your father forgive your blunders.
Matthew 18:35 "so my heavenly father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his blunders."
Mark 11:25 "and whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your father in heaven may also forgive you your blunders.
Mark 11:26 "but if you do not forgive, neither will your father in heaven forgive your blunders."
Romans 4:25 who was delivered up because of our blunders, and was raised because of our justification.
Romans 5:15 but the free gift is not like the blunder. for if by the one man’s blunder many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.
Romans 5:16 and the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. for the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many blunders resulted in justification.
Romans 5:17 for if by the one man’s blunders death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the one, Jesus Christ.)
Romans 5:18 Therefore, as through one man’s blunder judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.
Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered that the blunder might abound. but where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,
Romans 11:11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? certainly not! but through their blunder, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.
Romans 11:12 Now if their blunder is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!
2 Corinthians 5:19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself, not imputing their blunders to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any blunder, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.
Ephesians 1:7 in him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of blunders, according to the riches of his grace
Ephesians 2:1 and you he made alive, who were dead in blunders and sins,
Ephesians 2:5 even when we were dead in blunders, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
Colossians 2:13 and you, being dead in your blunders and the uncircumcision of your flesh, he has made alive together with him, having forgiven you all blunders,...
James 5:16 Confess your blunders to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
Last edited by Paidion on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “General”