This is...Well..You decide..

brody196

This is...Well..You decide..

Post by brody196 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:57 pm

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-off ... -pride-mon

We should all pray for the young children who are in our public school systems, as this will be a platform to teach them that the LGT lifestyle is "normal" and should be embraced.

God have mercy on us and our children.

Amyfree

Re: This is...Well..You decide..

Post by Amyfree » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:25 pm

God knows we do pray for normalcy in the world, peace on earth etc. The number of gay, lesbian & transgenders I know have abusive backgrounds from neglect when they were kids, and all the kids who are just straight have come from loving working class families which are the majority sadly to say. Since the drug generation is going away hopefully our kids will stand a better chance at a normal future. The spirits of guilt, puffiness etc. are healing I believe in our present administration.

The truth as we get older is still good to preach to the children. Kids are smarter than you think.

I am not a video game player, I would get nothing else done if I were, but prayer works and God answers if you genuinely try to obey and repent. The occult lurks through shadows and high pitched noises we're all wise to that, God help those imprisoned by the wicked, and help the imprisoned see your vision and want to repent, stop doing bad and be good.

Amy

nancyer

Post by nancyer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:38 pm

I may be in the minority but I don't see public schools as a platform to teach LGT lifestyles. I don't see anyone "teaching" lifestyles. Simply because someone within your circle of aquaintances or familiar faces is L, G, or T doesn't mean there is any teaching going on. They are just living their life, being in your city, store, workplace, gas station or restaurant. A very nice gentleman who prefers to dress as a woman recently began attending our church. No one has a problem with her. I introduced myself that first Sunday. She has attended several pot lucks (is a wonderful cook and came in second in our Chili Cook Off!) and our newest Bible Study right after service on Sunday mornings. Our motto is Open Hearts, Open Minds Open Doors which she told our pastor is the reason she came, to see if we really practiced what we preached. Our pastor is also fond of saying "No one sits alone here" which she doesn't. I am tired of people fearing that because someone is different than themselves they must be trying to "recruite" people to their preferences. What happened to acceptance as Christ accepted? Love thy neighbor. Are we not ALL God's creatures? We get upset when others aren't tolerant of Christians and their beliefs, don't we have to lead by example?

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Nancyer wrote:A very nice gentleman who prefers to dress as a woman recently began attending our church. No one has a problem with her. I introduced myself that first Sunday. She has attended several pot lucks (is a wonderful cook and came in second in our Chili Cook Off!)

Just one question. If he's a "very nice gentleman who prefers to dress as a woman", why do you refer to him as "her" and "she"?
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:02 pm

As Steve has regularly suggested, folks should call the open meeting an evangelism meeting instead of a church worship service if they want to have such a policy. If they are openly confessing not to be a Christian and simply seeking to see what Christians are all about, then fine. However, if one wants to have a church service for the gathering of the saints, then such a person (if they claim to be a Christian) should be confronted in love and by scriptural model and if they continue in their cross dressing, then they should be asked not to return until they are repentant and wish to follow God's word. If they continue to come, then they should sit alone, and not welcomed as if they are a part of the body of Christ.

nancyer

Post by nancyer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:02 pm

I must admit I'm not always sure what's correct but since he is dressed as she, I use the term she. I've never seen "him". Guess I don't have the nerve to actually ask what is correct. But I'm glad our motto is bringing people in who otherwise probably wouldn't find a church at all. And as an old movie line goes "Honey, God doesn't care what church you go to, long as you show up!"

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:32 am

nancyer wrote:I must admit I'm not always sure what's correct but since he is dressed as she, I use the term she. I've never seen "him". Guess I don't have the nerve to actually ask what is correct. But I'm glad our motto is bringing people in who otherwise probably wouldn't find a church at all. And as an old movie line goes "Honey, God doesn't care what church you go to, long as you show up!"
Of course, I don't think God cares if you "show up" for the mere sake of showing up. If these people who are "loving on" this "man" want to love him, they should get involved in his life outside the "church," be a witness to him, make it clear that church is where he's welcome if he wants to follow Christ, but if he doesn't they'll still be there with him outside the church and hopefully as an influence for Christ. Then, if he repents and wants to follow Christ, welcome him with open arms (and even if he continues to repentantly struggle with cross dressing as long as he is making an honest attempt to follow what is clear teaching on the subject).

brody196

Post by brody196 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm

nancyer wrote:I may be in the minority but I don't see public schools as a platform to teach LGT lifestyles. I don't see anyone "teaching" lifestyles. Simply because someone within your circle of aquaintances or familiar faces is L, G, or T doesn't mean there is any teaching going on. They are just living their life, being in your city, store, workplace, gas station or restaurant. A very nice gentleman who prefers to dress as a woman recently began attending our church. No one has a problem with her. I introduced myself that first Sunday. She has attended several pot lucks (is a wonderful cook and came in second in our Chili Cook Off!) and our newest Bible Study right after service on Sunday mornings. Our motto is Open Hearts, Open Minds Open Doors which she told our pastor is the reason she came, to see if we really practiced what we preached. Our pastor is also fond of saying "No one sits alone here" which she doesn't. I am tired of people fearing that because someone is different than themselves they must be trying to "recruite" people to their preferences. What happened to acceptance as Christ accepted? Love thy neighbor. Are we not ALL God's creatures? We get upset when others aren't tolerant of Christians and their beliefs, don't we have to lead by example?

Hi there,

I am just wondering, do you attend a Methodist Church? That motto seems to very similar to the one Methodist use. As for the gentleman that prefers to dress like a woman, have you shared the gospel of Jesus with him? The LGTG lifestyle is an abomination to God(Lev 18:22 Romans 1), so you should probably tell him to repent.

Return to “General”