President Trump Exalts Jesus

Candlepower

President Trump Exalts Jesus

Post by Candlepower » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:08 pm

At his 2020 Christmas address, President Trump praised Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Has any President ever spoken to the nation so boldly, so clearly about Jesus as Lord and Savior? This may be a first. Please watch this brief video. And have a wonderful celebration of the Incarnation.

https://www.brighteon.com/e90ec544-00f0 ... e464989538

steve7150

Re: President Trump Exalts Jesus

Post by steve7150 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:12 pm

Very nice to hear! I don't expect a Dem to repeat that because they would claim it's divisive!

kaufmannphillips

Post by kaufmannphillips » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:18 pm

A stumbling and hollow recitation of a script (obviously penned by somebody other than Mr. Trump). And preposterous, given the life and character and career of the man delivering it.

Christians should reflect, carefully, on how this secular messiah has really served to exalt or degrade Jesus in the American soul.
========================
"The more something is repeated, the more it becomes an unexamined truth...." (Nicholas Thompson)
========================

steve

Post by steve » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:28 pm

Mr. Trump has lived, in some respects (primarily sexual), a debased life. So have many other Christians, prior to their conversions. Even the woman taken in adultery was forgiven and needn't be remembered only for her previous sin. If Mr. Trump became a believer during his campaign in 2015, as many closer to him than ourselves have claimed, then to condemn him for his past would seem inappropriate for a Christian critic. Since he was elected, I am not aware of any significance stances or policies from him that would disqualify him as a sincere believer—nor any personal conduct inconsistent with that of an infant believer.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:35 am

Although I don't have any great love for Mr. Trump, I don't hate him either. I think there have been better presidents, but who am I to judge? I am no expert in political matters.

In any case Mrs. Paidion is a Trump supporter, and what follows is what she has to say:

Thank you for posting this video! It is so good to see and hear the President giving glory and honor to our Lord like this. Many of us have watched his transformation over the years as we listened carefully to his words and seen the beauty of his heart for the people, and for our beautiful nation.

I have never seen a President do so much for the American people, whatever race, gender or political party, as well as for the unborn. And I have never seen any person so maligned, so harshly and unashamedly by people who claim to be Christians. Indeed, they say more about their own hearts, than about him.

"The more something is repeated, the more it becomes an unexamined truth...." This reminds me of the Nazi dictum that if you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and we have surely seen the results of that in recent years as the lies about President Trump have been repeated so often. But, try as they did to destroy the best president we have ever had, they were not able to prevent the at least 74 million who turned out in landslide numbers to vote for him November 3.

Our peace and well-being is found in God alone and is never found in a man no matter how messianic, but when the righteous rule, the people rejoice, and we had a wonderful four years to show us how a country can be run without constantly going to war, throwing away billions of dollars to people who hate us, and giving our hard-earned money toward abortion in poor lands where we should rather be helping the people build their economic structure.

This mask with an earpiece that has been installed behind a military presence, the likes of which has not been seen since the Civil War, with Big Tech showing their muscle to silence us, America is seeing how ugly a fascist dictatorship can be and they are awakening and calling on God as never before. Many are afraid, and rightly so, but more are seeing beyond that and getting ready for the best days that are yet to come. So, may there be peace on earth to men of good will for the Savior has not forgotten us!
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

steve

Post by steve » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:02 am

Please pass along my thanks to Mrs. Paidion for that cogent (and to my mind accurate) assessment.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:37 pm

Thank you, Steve. My wife (her name is "Jeannie") was pleased with your affirmation that her assessment was cogent and accurate.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “Miscellaneous”