Hi Everyone!

_darin-houston

Post by _darin-houston » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:24 pm

It's all been said, but know there's at least one more praying for you and rooting for you. God can (and seems to be already doing so) bring you out of whatever hole you may have been in, and I'll pray specifically also for the reconciliation that we know is God's will.

I thank God in retrospect for some dark times in my life that ultimately brought me closer to Him. I pray you will be able to look do the same.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Allyn

Post by _Allyn » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:15 am

Derek, blessings upon you, brother. Usually we are harder on ourselves then God is. You belong to Him through Christ Jesus. Believe me, friend, this too shall pass. I went through some of what you described 15 years ago. It was the best thing that could have happened to me actually. God doesn't do evil to us but He does bring us out of evil for His purposes and because we belong to Him. I'm glad you brought this to us. This is how we fellowship together. You are in my prayers

Maybe we seriously need an annual gathering for sharing, building, support and fellowship.
Reason:

_Homer

Post by _Homer » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:15 am

Derek,

I will be praying for you (and your wife). I would urge you, of great importance, to find a group of Christians to meet with regularly.

Hebrews 10:23-25 (New King James Version)

23. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. 24. And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25. not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

God bless, Homer
Reason:
A Berean

_Sean

Post by _Sean » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:55 am

My prayers are also with you Derek. I would also recommend local fellowship. It's much more tolerable to suffer with someone in person and to be there for them. I wish there were more people I could find locally that were like all you guys!
Reason:
By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. (John 13:35)

_JC

Post by _JC » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:14 pm

Derek, you'll get through this, brother. I can tell you from personal experience that the closer you move toward God, the more fiercely the enemy will attack. I find thoughts popping into my head lately that I'd never even considered as a non-Christian! We have to simply press on with endurance. And just like physical endurance, it increases with great pain sometimes. This isn't a Hallmark sentiment, bro... we all take hits and some of them are seemingly impossible to overcome.

Keep watch over your soul right now. Cry out to your Father in prayer and meditate on those scriptures which prove his love for you. We're here to rejoice with you and mourn with you... whatever you need. I'll join the others in prayer also.

I hope to see you around with greater frequency.
Reason:

_brody_in_ga

Post by _brody_in_ga » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:02 pm

Derek,

You know you got my prayers and support anytime you need it. You are like a big Brother to me, and are always welcome to come and stay with me. God bless you man.
Reason:
For our God is a consuming fire.
Hebrews 12:29

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:10 pm

Brother Derek,

I just PMd and emailed you, both.

Why?
A few years ago I met a Christian Bro named Phil from New Zealand in a Paltalk room, who's a great guitarist. He met a lady on Yahoo, they liked each other, and he moved to the USA (then they got married)!

Till today it slipped my mind where they live: Dude, Marietta, GA!!!

Anyway, I've linked to your myspace and gave you his (and gave you his email).

Phil's a pro-guitarist in your area, Derek!
You could be neighbors!
(seems to me it'd be cool if you guys could get together)... :wink:

Okay, Happy 4th, God bless, and I'm praying for you, Bro, :)
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

_Murf

Post by _Murf » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:15 am

Welcome back. You and your wife are in our prayers.
Reason:

Return to “General Questions”